The Library subscribes to a large number of journals and bibliographic databases in electronic format. Use of these electronic resources is available to all Brock students, faculty and staff, under license agreements signed with vendors. The following instructions will allow easy access to these resources.
Brock students, faculty and staff will use their campus credentials to:
- Access electronic resources from off campus
- Access My Library Account
- Renew items on loan
- Place holds on material checked out
If you have problems accessing your library account, or library resources from off campus using your portal credentials, follow the steps below:
- Please be aware that your username is typically the first part of your Brock email address up to but not including the @ symbol
- Go to the Brock Portal and log in using your campus credentials.
- If you can log onto the portal above then you shouldn’t have any problems accessing library resources.
- If you cannot log into the Brock portal contact the ITS department to have your account activated.
- Once your portal account has been activated above, verify that you can log into My Library Account successfully using the same username/password as above.
- When contacting us by email or telephone, please provide your full name, Brock ID# and campus username to assist us with troubleshooting.
The following library users will continue to use their Library PIN to access library services applicable to them.
- Retired Faculty
- McMaster DeGroot School of Medicine students, Community users and other Special Borrowers
The Library system has certain criteria for acceptable PINs. Please make sure you select a PIN which follows this criteria:
- PIN must be between 6 and 30 characters
- Use alpha / numeric characters only
- Special characters such as $, *, ! etc. are not acceptable.
- Do not use repetitive strings such as ababab or 123123123
For additional help on selecting or setting up a PIN, you may refer to our PIN FAQ.