What is an “academic profile“? Think of it as the narrative you present to the world about your work as a scholar. Organizing and publicizing your scholarly profile can bring crucial benefits to you and your research.
Brock University Researcher Profile
Use the Brock Digital Repository – an open access, online archive of research produced at Brock – to create a profile linking your scholarly works.
Collecting your work
Create a comprehensive collection of your work, experience and interests to support:
- career development
- promotion and tenure processes
- research funding applications.
- ORCID provides a persistent, unique digital identifier to distinguish you from other researchers and link you and your research and professional activities.
- Learn more and signup for ORCID with this step-by-step tutorial
- Demonstrates impact of research beyond citations by gathering data including views, saves, shares and social media mentions.
- Publish or Perish is software that retrieves and analyzes academic citations and produces a variety of citation metrics including several forms of the h-index
Connect with other scholars
Enhance opportunities to connect, collaborate, and follow other scholars and community members with similar research interests.
11M+ members – highest use in sciences; strong presence of Brock researchers
31M+ users – highest use in social sciences, humanities
3+ million users