Digital Scholarship Librarian (Librarian IV)
- MLIS, University of Western Ontario, 2006
- MSc, Computer Science, Brock University, 2017
- PhD, Educational Studies, Brock University, (in-progress)
View content on Brock University Digital Repository
- Library Labour Issues
- Computational Methods in the Humanities
- Computation notebooks and teaching technology skills
- Academic Freedom
- “Put the F**** Salary in the Job Ad: An Analysis of an Anonymous Corpus of Tweets” In Spencer Acadia (Ed) Libraries as Dysfunctional Organizations and Workplaces: Problems and Solutions. Routledge. 2022.
- “Redux: Tabulating Transactions with Raspberry Pi and Visualizing Results”, code4Lib Journal, Issue 40. http://journal.code4lib. org/articles/13385 2018.
- “Genetic Programming for Improved Cryptanalysis of Elliptic Curve Cryptosystems”, IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/7969342/2017.
- “Collegial Self-Governance for Professional Librarians: A Look at the Establishment of Library Council at Brock University” In M. Kandiuk & J. Dekker (Eds.), In Solidarity: A look at the History of the Library Labour movement in Canada. Sacramento CA: Litwin Books. http://hdl.handle.net/10464/6005 2014.
- “Re-thinking Paid Work: An Analysis of the Scope of Perspectives on Work and Labour on the Anti-Work Subreddit”. Canadian Association for Work & Labour Studies Annual Conference. Online. May 18. (Co-Presenter)
- “Library Council: Why one is imperative”. April 22, 2021. Simon Frasier University. Invited guest speaker.
- “Library Carpentry from in person to online: What was lost, what was gained”. University of Toronto, Digital Pedagogy Institute. August 11, 2021.
- “The Nation Perspective: How CAUT and collective bargaining has made a difference in the lives of Librarians and Archivists” Toronto ON. November 15, 2019. Charting Our Course: Empowering Librarians at the University Of Toronto. Organized by University of Toronto Faculty Association. Invited guest speaker.
- Match of Minds. Brock University (Primary Investigator). 2022.
- Archives Unleashed Cohort Grant: Crisis Communication in the Niagara Region during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Provided by Mellon Foundation. 2021.
- Match of Minds. Brock University (Co-applicant). 2019.