Print jobs can be retrieved at any printer/copier/scanner unit throughout the library.
- Main floor – Next to the Ask Us desk
- Floors 5, 6, 7, 8, – Across from the elevators
- Floor 10 – Archives and Special Collections
- Map, Data & GIS Library – Mac Chown Complex, C 306
Tap your Brock id on the tap pad at any unit or sign-in on the screen. Follow the on-screen prompts to release your print job.
Printing is available from all computers in the library.
- Select either of the following print queues when prompted:
- Print-It on prt.brocku.ca
- Print-It on cits-swPrtSrv1.campus.brocku.local
- Jobs default to black & white.
- Choose colour, double-sided, & other options under ‘printer properties’ prior to sending your job.
Mobility Printing enables you to send print jobs directly from your personal device (Android, iOS, macOS, or Windows) to the Library’s Mobility Print queue. A one-time download is required.
Follow the step by step instructions to install the Mobility Print queue to your device.
Troubleshooting Tip: A common solution for issues with Mobility Print is to uninstall/reinstall the driver.
Support for installation is available at the ITS Help Desk in the Campus Store or Computer Commons (Fishbowl).
Brock users pay for printing using Flex Dollars which you load onto your Brock Card in increments of $10 or more:
- Securely add funds online with a credit card.
- A third party (e.g. a parent or guardian) can add funds on your behalf using the parental deposit feature. They will need your Student/Faculty/Staff Number and date of birth.
- To pay by cash or debit, visit the Brock Card Office (top of Market Hall Stairs) to load funds, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Visitors to Brock: please see staff at the Ask Us desk.
|Letter (8.5×11)||Legal (8.5×14)||Tabloid (11 x 17)|
|Single - B&W||11 cents||16 cents||21 cents|
|Double sided - B&W||10 cents per side||15 cents per side||19 cents per side|
|Single - Colour||30 cents||40 cents||50 cents|
|Double sided - Colour||29 cents per side||39 cents per side||48 cents per side|
|Scanning||.03 cents||.03 cents||.03 cents|
For tabloid printing (11 x 17), please see staff at the Ask Us desk or Map, Data & GIS Library staff.
A self serve microform reader and printer is available on the 5th floor and in Archives and Special Collections on floor 10. These readers can save to PDF or print.
Copying is available at all printer/copier/scanner units in the library. Follow the directions listed on posters above each copier/printer or familiarize yourself with the step by step instructions online.
When using the Library’s copying, scanning, and printing equipment to make copies of works protected by copyright, the copying must comply with:
- the Copyright Act for the purpose of fair dealing or under other educational exceptions of the Act;
- or, the copyright owner;
- or, in the case of e-journals and e-books, under the terms of Open Access or Creative Commons licenses, or licenses the University has signed with the publishers of those works.