Printer/copier/scanner units are available for self-serve use throughout the Library. These units produce jobs in black & white and colour.
- Main floor – Next to the Ask Us desk
- Floors 5, 6, 7, 8, – Across from the elevators
- Floor 10 – Archives and Special Collections
- Map, Data & GIS Library – Mac Chown Complex, C 306
In order to print, you will need to load funds on to your print/copy account, which is set up for all Brock students, faculty, and staff. Visitors to Brock who want to use the copiers should visit the Library “Ask Us” desk, in the Matheson Learning Commons, to learn about printing options.
- To securely add funds online yourself, you will need a credit card (VISA/Mastercard) or a Debit Mastercard or VISA/debit card. If you do not have a credit card, inquire with your bank about setting up a debit/credit card. Simply log in with your Brock ID and click Add Cash.
- A third party (e.g. a parent or guardian) can add funds on your behalf using the parental deposit feature. They will need your Student/Faculty/Staff Number and date of birth.
- Visit the Brock Card Office (top of Market Hall Stairs) to load funds, including cash or debit, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
|Letter (8.5×11)||Legal (8.5×14)||Tabloid (11 x 17)|
|Single B&W||11 cents||16 cents||21 cents|
|Duplexed - B&W||10 cents per side||15 cents per side||19 cents per side|
|Single - Colour||30 cents||40 cents||50 cents|
|Duplex - Colour||29 cents per side||39 cents per side||48 cents per side|
For tabloid printing (11 x 17), please see staff at the Ask Us desk or Map, Data & GIS Library staff.
Scanning: As of October, 2018 scanning is charged at the rate of 3 cents per page.
Login to your print account and select Web Print to print from your device. Follow the prompts to submit your job.
Note: Web Print jobs are available in black & white only.
The following file types can be used with web print:
|Microsoft Excel||xlam, xls, xlsm, xlsx, xltm, xltx|
|Microsoft PowerPoint||pot, potm, potx, ppam, pps, ppsm, ppsx, ppt, pptm, pptx|
|Microsoft Word||doc, docm, docx, dot, dotm, dotx, rtf|
Copyright and Copying
When using the Library’s copying, scanning, and printing equipment to make copies of works protected by copyright, the copying must be authorized by:
- the Copyright Act for the purpose of fair dealing or under other educational exceptions of the Act;
- or, the copyright owner;
- or, in the case of e-journals and e-books, under the terms of Open Access or Creative Commons licenses, or licenses the University has signed with the publishers of those works.
To assist users with determining what materials may be copied, guidelines have been posted at photocopiers, scanners, and printers throughout the Library. Also, the Copyright FAQ and the University’s Fair Dealing Policy provide guidance on permitted copying.
Self-service scanning to your email address is available at all copier/printer/scanners. Follow the directions posted at each machine. Scanning is 3 cents per page.
Our large-format printer produces high quality colour posters, photos, banners and other large format prints.
Your print job can be submitted via the following options:
Normal turnaround times:
Copying and Printing Services is open Monday to Friday. We strive to provide next business day service if a request is received by 3:30 p.m. However, turnaround time varies.
File formats accepted:
Adobe Acrobat *.pdf
Adobe Photoshop *.psd
Adobe Illustrator *.pdf, *.ai, *.art
Microsoft Powerpoint *.ppt, *.pptx
Microsoft Publisher *.pub
JPEG *.jpg, *.jpeg
|Type of Paper||Paper Width||Price per linear foot*|
|20 lb., regular bond||24 inch||$9.00|
|20 lb., regular bond||36 inch||$9.50|
|20 lb., regular bond||42 inch||$10.50|
|46 lb., presentation bond||24 inch||$11.00|
|46 lb., presentation bond||36 inch||$13.00|
|46 lb., presentation bond||42 inch||$14.50|
|43 lb., photo base, satin finish||24 inch||$15.75|
|43 lb., photo base, satin finish||36 inch||$17.00|
|43 lb., photo base, satin finish||42 inch||$18.50|
|23 lb., studio canvas||36 inch only||$21.00|
- Prices include tax.
- Prices subject to change.
- Linear lengths rounded to the nearest half foot.
Cardboard mailing tubes for easy transport are available for $5.00
We accept credit and debit cards.
A self serve microform reader and printer is available on the 5th floor and in Archives and Special Collections on floor 10. These readers can save to PDF or print. Printing is available in black & white at a cost of $0.11 per page.