In the event of inclement weather, the Library will observe the University’s Inclement Weather Policy, and these additional policies and procedures.
When Classes are Cancelled by 7 am
- Brock University Library (comprised of James A. Gibson Library, the Map, Data & GIS Library, and the Makerspace) will remain closed.
- This information will be communicated through a notice on the Library’s home page and through a recorded message on the Access Services telephone number (905-688-5550, ext. 3228).
- A decision to offer evening classes will be announced before 3 pm. If evening classes are offered, the Library will open at 5 pm. A notice to this effect will be posted on the Library’s home page.
When Classes are Cancelled During Business Hours:
- Brock University Library (comprised of James A. Gibson Library, the Map, Data & GIS Library, and the Makerspace) will close. The University Librarian or designate will decide on an appropriate closing time in consultation with key staff.
- Information will be provided to library users through frequent announcements on the public address system, and through notices on the Library’s home page, and in strategic and high traffic areas. Campus Security Services will assist in clearing the library floors.
- Library users are not required to return borrowed materials during the inclement weather period. Due dates will be adjusted accordingly.
Evening, weekend and holiday procedures:
- If inclement weather develops during opening hours, Campus Security Services will advise Access Services staff to close the Library.
- The same closing protocol listed above will be followed.