Your role as the Library’s Representative in your department is critical to facilitating communication and collaboration between the Library and academic units.
Library Representatives ensure their academic areas are aware of relevant Library resources and services, while also informing Liaison Librarians of important issues related to curriculum, research and scholarship.
Specifically, your role is:
- To facilitate communication between members of your department and the Library
- To collaborate with your Liaison Librarian regarding research and teaching initiatives
We ask that you:
- Inform your Liaison Librarian regarding curriculum changes, new faculty hires, emerging research interests
- Contact your Liaison Librarian with requests for new Library materials
- Ensure that members of your department are aware of relevant Library services
- Invite your Liaison Librarian to regularly attend departmental meetings to report on Library initiatives and discuss Library-related issues
- Attend meetings hosted by the Library to discuss major Library developments, provide feedback, and ask questions
- Distribute information from your Liaison Librarian to your departmental colleagues
Current Library Representatives