The Library Open Access Publishing Fund, which assists Brock researchers who wish to publish in a journal which levies article processing charges, is now taking applications for the 2022-23 budget year
As always, the fund operates on a first-come, first-served basis and applicants must meet the fund’s eligibility criteria.
This year’s criteria have been updated to help ensure the limited grant funding available will have maximum impact and effectiveness:
- Researchers who received a grant in 2021-22 may only apply for a 2022-23 grant after January 2023
- This grant is intended to support researchers with limited or no funding. Recipients of grants from funders such as the Tri-Agencies or other agencies are not eligible to apply
The Library provides other supports to help researchers make their work openly accessible for low or no cost:
- Researchers can make their scholarly articles open access – for free – by depositing a copy in the Brock Digital Repository, an online archive of Brock research which can be freely accessed by anyone. Authors can submit papers themselves or use the Library’s supported-deposit process.
- The Library has negotiated open access agreements and discounts with a growing number of publishers which allow Brock authors to publish in their journals for free, or at significantly lowered costs.
- And finally, researchers can search the Directory of Open Access Journals to select one of more than 12,000 scholarly, peer-reviewed open access journals which do not charge article processing fees.
As a reminder, the Brock University Open Access Policy stipulates that Brock authors are expected to make their research articles openly accessible by depositing copies in the Brock Digital Repository.
Questions? Contact Research and Scholarly Communication Librarian Elizabeth Yates ~ email@example.com