Brock Library re-opens January 6 at 9am. Here’s what to expect.
Hours of Operation:
James A. Gibson Library
- Monday to Friday: 9am – 5pm
- Saturday-Sunday: Closed
Access to collections:
The upper floors of the library are currently closed. The following services are in place to provide you with access to our print materials:
- Hathi Trust Emergency Temporary Access Service. ETAS provides electronic read-only access to approximately 30% of our print collections.
- For items not available in Hathi Trust, use the request for pickup service
- A scanning service is also available for print journal articles and book chapters.
- Interlibrary Loan and borrowing via Omni partner libraries remain available.
Access to study space:
- Students looking for a quiet space to work can book one of 50 individual study spots on the main floor of the library. Book up to 8 hours per day and up to 2 weeks in advance.
- Printing and copying is available.
- Group study is not available.
- Classrooms A and B are not available.
- Ask a Librarian chat service resumes January 10
- Email us at email@example.com
- Book an online research consultation with your Liaison Librarian.
Your Library Account:
- When returning books, please use the drop slot in the Rankin Family Pavilion/Schmon Tower Lobby.
- Here’s how to renew your items.
Delivery and intercampus transfer:
- Intercampus transfer between the main campus and Marilyn I. Walker remains operational. Items can be picked up at the MIW Security desk.
- Departmental delivery for faculty and staff is unavailable at this time.
Alumni and community member access:
- Visitors are asked to complete the self-screen survey for COVID-19 risk before arriving on campus. It can be completed via web form or through the Brock Safety mobile app.
- Check in at the Visitor/Guest COVID-19 Screening desk in the Rankin Family Pavilion (base of Schmon Tower) or in the east entrance of the Cairns Complex.
- Provide your proof of vaccination and confirmation from the screening survey to the screener on duty.