Brock University Library invites applications for the full-time, 12-month limited-term position of Digital Scholarship/ Special Projects Librarian from qualified candidates who have demonstrated interest in and understanding of open publishing, digital scholarship, and/or the research lifecycle.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to the open publishing infrastructure on campus using Brock’s instance of Open Journal Systems;
- Contribute to the administration of Brock University’s Institutional Repository;
- In collaboration with the Scholarly Communications Librarian, promote a culture of open scholarship on campus;
- Provides services to support digital scholarship including consultations, project support, instruction, workshop development and delivery;
- Collaborate with campus partners and continuously learn about digital scholarship trends, tools and methods currently available on campus and beyond;
- Provide recommendations about existing digital scholarship initiatives and services, in consultation with the Head, Research Lifecycle;
- Develops and promotes educational content (tutorials, guides, etc.) that supports digital scholarship on campus;
- Collaboratively support departmental goals and activities;
- Engage in ongoing professional development and apply useful developments into practice.
Learn more about this opportunity, and apply by Thursday, October 26th (12:01 AM).