This policy provides guidelines for the Learning Commons’ partners in the use of the instructional spaces. The overall objective is to ensure that there is a good match between instructional needs and the individual spaces in the Learning Commons (LC).
- Classroom A (ST228)
- Classroom B (ST230)
1.) Learning Commons’ Partners:
- The LC partners have priority access to the instruction rooms.
- Instructional use of these classrooms takes priority over meetings.
- Classroom A will be open to students as a general access computer lab when not booked for instruction.
- Classroom B will be open to students as a silent study room when not booked for instruction.
- The Operations Manager coordinates room bookings and resolves scheduling conflicts.
- LC Partners should use the online booking system at: http://studyrooms.library.brocku.ca
- Classrooms are available during regular LC hours. Bookings should be limited to regular hours of operation.
- Group study rooms are reserved for student use. Staff bookings are available on an exceptional basis during spring/summer terms by contacting the Operations Manager.
- Room keys are available to partner staff through their respective units. Keys are also available at the Library ASK US Desk for emergency use. Brock ID is required and the keys cannot leave the LC.
- Prior to using Classroom A, B all instructors should attend a 15-minute orientation provided by the Operations Manager.
- In order to accommodate back-to-back bookings, rooms should be cleared promptly to allow adequate set-up time for the subsequent session.
- Problems with equipment or any other aspect of the room should be reported to the Operations Manager or Library Systems and Technologies.
- On an exceptional basis, refreshments may be provided during instruction sessions.
- Classroom B may be booked by faculty and staff as space permits for presentations and workshops that are consistent with the objectives of the Matheson Learning Commons. Inquiries should be referred to the Operations Manager..
- Classrooms are not available for activities that are not affiliated with the University.
Instruction Rooms Description/Details:
Lab environment. 32 fixed computer workstations. Digital projector. Instructor workstation/equipment operator unit. Laptop jack. Microphone and speakers. DVD/VHS player. Capacity: 32 (4 additional chairs in closet). Presentations and instruction sessions needing the use of technology.
Flexible learning space. Configurable tables and chairs. No computer workstations so instructors should advise attendees to bring their own laptop. Digital projector. Instructor workstation/equipment operator unit. Laptop jack. Microphone and speakers. DVD/VHS player. Capacity: 20 (2 additional chairs in closet). Presentations, instruction sessions and meetings needing the use of configurable furniture and/or technology.
If technical problems arise during regular business hours, contact Library Systems at ext. 5459 . The Operations Manager may also be available.
There is no classroom support on weekends or holidays.
Installation of course-specific software or files is subject to approval by Library Systems and will be considered as a last resort. Such software or files must be provided no less than 2 weeks prior to the reservation. Any software or files found to conflict with standard configurations will not be installed. Library Systems is not responsible for software the day of use.
Effective: October 31, 2008. 1st revision: September 15, 2009. Latest revision: November 2018