CAB Abstracts (previously produced by the Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, now produced by an international non-profit agency CABI) covers agriculture very broadly, from agronomy, economics, all applied and biological sciences, plant sciences, tourism, hospitality, and leisure, environmental, food, international, and rural development, global health, veterinary and animal sciences, and much more. Includes journals, monographs, conferences, books, annual reports, and other sources. The scope of content in current international and least-developed scholarly research not cited in most mainstream scholarly databases.
- Instant access to over 12.5 million bibliographic records, includes news and blogs
- Over 475,000 hard-to-find linked full text sources, so nice!
- Comprehensive subject indexing coverage in all interdisciplinary research areas
- Includes access to relevant world-wide sources back to 1910
- English language summaries, indexing, abstracts, and organism descriptors
- Check out the CAB Thesaurus to better define search, organism, and preferred keyword search terms
- Works well with linking to Brock Library full-text articles, open sources, and citation management systems e.g. Zotero
- Create a My CABI account to save searches, set up email alerts, and share findings with colleagues
- Best kept Brock Library database secret – try it today!
Science Liaison Librarian