New Resource: The John Johnson Collection
Dive into a rich collection of documents that illustrate everyday life in Britain during the 18th, 19th and early 20th centuries. Over a period of several decades, John de Monins Johnson, Printer to the University of Oxford, collected and preserved a wealth of documents that were transferred to the Bodleian Library in 1968. His collection included:
- posters & handbills for theatrical and nontheatrical entertainment
- broadsides relating to murders & executions
- book & journal prospectuses
- Popular topographical prints
- A wealth of advertising materials
From this collection, nearly 70,000 documents have been digitized, providing researchers with insight into the culture and interests of Great Britain over a period of two centuries.
Questions? Please contact your Liaison Librarian.