Important notice: Effective January 6, 2021, and in adherence with the Province of Ontario’s province wide shutdown, bookable study space in the library is unavailable. This closure is in alignment with the University’s restriction on student study spaces as we move into ‘Stage 1’ of Brock’s Response and Recovery plan.
- Study carrels, long desks, tables, and rooms (for individual use) are available.
- All are equipped with a power outlet.
- Students are expected to bring their own laptops, as library computers and equipment (including printers and scanners) are not available for use at this time.
Enter using the library doors in the Rankin Family Pavilion/ Schmon Tower lobby. The Thistle entrance is closed.
- Check-in upon your arrival using the code and link in your confirmation email.
- Display your booking confirmation to staff at the Ask Us desk and proceed to your assigned study spot.
- Supplies are available throughout the library to wipe down your spaces before and after use.
- All study spaces are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before each use.
- While the upper floors of the library are unavailable, the Library provides a book request and pickup service.
- Advanced booking is required. Booking periods are between 2 to 3 hours and students may book 2 time slots per day, up to two weeks in advance.
- This service is exclusively available to Brock University students.
- Wearing a mask or face covering is required at all times as per Brock’s campus-wide policy.
- Please use the floor markings in order to maintain 2 metres (6 feet) distance from fellow students and library staff.
- No food is permitted. Covered drinks are allowed.
- Before arriving on campus, you must complete the Self-Screen Survey.
- All study spaces are for individual use. No group study is allowed – no exceptions for close friends or relatives.
- Booked spaces unclaimed at 30 minutes past the booking time will be cancelled.