Printer/copier/scanner units are available for self-serve use throughout the Library. These units produce jobs in black & white and colour.
- Main floor – Next to the Ask Us desk
- Floors 5, 6, 7, 8, – Across from the elevators
- Floor 10 – Archives and Special Collections
- Map, Data & GIS Library – Mac Chown Complex, C 306
A print/copy account is required and already set up for Brock students, faculty and staff. If you are a guest to the University please see the staff at the Library Ask Us desk for printing options.
Printing/copying/scanning is paid for in advance from funds applied to your print account. There are two ways to add credit to your account:
- purchase vouchers at the Ask Us desk in the James A. Gibson Library or at the Map, Data & GIS Library. Vouchers are available in $1, $5, and $10 amounts. The James A. Gibson Library Ask Us desk accepts debit, credit and cash. The Map, Data & GIS Library accepts cash only for voucher sales.
- deposit cash at the stations in the Computer Commons (Fishbowl).
To redeem vouchers, check your balance or request refunds, log into your print account.
NOTE: As of September 11, 2019, Flex Dollars will also be accepted for print payment.
|Letter (8.5×11)||Legal (8.5×14)||Tabloid (11 x 17)|
|Single B&W||11 cents||16 cents||21 cents|
|Duplexed - B&W||10 cents per side||15 cents per side||19 cents per side|
|Single - Colour||30 cents||40 cents||50 cents|
|Duplex - Colour||29 cents per side||39 cents per side||48 cents per side|
For tabloid printing (11 x 17), please see staff at the Ask Us desk or Map, Data & GIS Library staff.
Scanning: As of October, 2018 scanning is charged at the rate of 3 cents per page.
Login to your print account and select Web Print to print from your device. Follow the prompts to submit your job.
Note: Web Print jobs are available in black & white only.
The following file types can be used with web print:
|Microsoft Excel||xlam, xls, xlsm, xlsx, xltm, xltx|
|Microsoft PowerPoint||pot, potm, potx, ppam, pps, ppsm, ppsx, ppt, pptm, pptx|
|Microsoft Word||doc, docm, docx, dot, dotm, dotx, rtf|
Copyright and Copying
When using the Library’s copying, scanning, and printing equipment to make copies of works protected by copyright, the copying must be authorized by:
- the Copyright Act for the purpose of fair dealing or under other educational exceptions of the Act;
- or, the copyright owner;
- or, in the case of e-journals and e-books, under the terms of Open Access or Creative Commons licenses, or licenses the University has signed with the publishers of those works.
To assist users with determining what materials may be copied, guidelines have been posted at photocopiers, scanners, and printers throughout the Library. Also, the Copyright FAQ and the University’s Fair Dealing Policy provide guidance on permitted copying.
Self-service scanning to your email address is available at all copier/printer/scanners. Follow the directions posted at each machine. Scanning is 3 cents per page.
A self serve microform reader and printer is available on the 5th floor and in Archives and Special Collections on floor 10. These readers can save to PDF or print. Printing is available in black & white at a cost of $0.11 per page.
Large Format/Poster Printing
Our large-format printer produces high quality colour posters, photos, banners and other large format prints. Speak with a staff member at the Ask Us desk for more information or submit your print request using one of the form options below.
The following paper qualities are available. Other media types can be obtained by special order.
- Economy 20 lb. bond, suitable for most standard jobs
- 46 lb. bright white heavy stock, suitable for heavy colour fills
- 43 lb. heavy stock, photobase, creating photo-realistic results, and excellent for full colour display graphics
- 23 mm studio canvas.
Please note: prices below are per linear foot, include HST and are subject to change. Linear lengths are rounded to the nearest half-foot. We accept Faculty/Staff P-Card, cash, cheque, debit, Mastercard and Visa.
Cardboard mailing tubes are available for a charge of $5.00.
|Paper Width||Economy (20 lb.)||Heavy Stock (46 lb.)||Photobase satin finish bond (43 lb.)||Studio Canvas (23mm.)|
|36"||$11.00||$14.50||$19.00||$23.50 (by special request)|
Copying and Printing Services is open Monday to Friday. We strive to provide next business day service if a request is received by 3:30 p.m. However, turnaround time depends on the submission of a complete, image ready job.
We accept the following file types:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Publisher
- Microsoft Word
Please contact us if your preferred file type is not on this list. We may be able to make alternate arrangements. Colours may vary depending on the software. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the files you submit. Additionally, staff do not edit or retouch images, other than minor cropping.
The Scan & Deliver service allows you to request a scan of a journal article from one of our print-only journals, or a single chapter from one of our print books. Library staff will scan the material and send it to you by email as a PDF.
The service is available free of charge to all current Brock students, faculty, and staff. You will receive an email with a link to a PDF within two business days. The link allows for 5 downloads, and expires after 30 days.
Scanning requests beyond print-only, library owned materials, can be filled for an additional fee of $0.10 per scan.
*Students registered with Accessibility Services will not be charged for additional scanning requests.
- High quality scans up to 600 dots per inch with true 48-bit colour.
- Image scanning and optical character recognition (OCR) for text are both available.
- Can accommodate up to 11″ x 17″
- Files can be saved to USB stick or sent as e-mail attachments
- Next business day delivery if received by 3:30 p.m.
Laminating is available during Ask Us desk operating hours at a cost of $1.00 per linear foot. Prices include HST and are subject to change. We accept cash/cheque, debit and credit.
Staff at the Ask Us desk can provide printing directly onto transparency. The cost including transparency is:
- $0 .55 for black and white
- $1.50 for colour
Plastic comb binding is perfect for reports, books, calendars, presentations and more.
Submitting your requests:
- In-person. Your document can be in paper format, or we can print it for you from a file on CD, or USB key. (regular printing charges apply).
- By email to email@example.com. Please include all instructions and the file you want printed and bound.
We strive to provide same business day service if received by 3:30 pm.
|Dimensions||1-100 pages||101-200 pages||201-300 pages||301-400 pages||401-425 pages|
|8.5 x 11||$2.00||$3.00||$4.00||$5.00||$5.25|
|8.5 x 14||$2.50||$3.50||$4.50||$5.50||$5.75|
Add card stock or plastic covers for an additional $1.50 per bound item.
Prices include HST and are subject to change.We accept cash/cheque, debit and credit.
Please ask staff at the Ask Us desk if you’d like to send a fax.
|Local Calls & Toll Free Numbers||416/905 Area Codes||Other Ontario Area Codes||Canada & the United States|
|$0.25 per page||$0.75 per page||$1.25 per page||$2.00 per page|
Prices include HST and are subject to change. We accept cash/cheque, debit and credit.