Printer/copier/scanner units in the Library will produce jobs in black & white and colour.
- Main floor – near the Schmon Tower entrance
- Floors 5, 6, 7, 8, – across from the elevators
- Floor 10 – in Archives and Special Collections
- Map, Data & GIS Library – Mac Chown Complex, C 306
A print/copy account is required and already set up for Brock students, faculty and staff. If you are a guest to the University please see the staff at the Library Ask Us desk for printing options.
Printing/copying is paid for in advance from funds applied to your print account. To buy print credits:
- purchase print vouchers at the Ask Us desk in the Gibson Library or at the Map, Data & GIS Library. Vouchers are available in $1, $5, and $10 amounts. The desk accepts debit, credit and cash OR,
- deposit cash at the stations in the Gibson Library or at the Computer Commons.
To redeem print vouchers, check your print balance, request refunds, etc., login to your print account.
|Letter (8.5×11)||Legal (8.5×14)||Duplex (double-sided)|
|Black & White||$0.10||$0.10||$0.09|
Tabloid printing (11 x 17) is also available. Inquire at the Ask Us desk.
Log into your print account and select Web Print to print from your device. Follow the prompts to submit your job.
Note: Web Print jobs are available in black & white only.
The following file types can be used with web print:
|Microsoft Excel||xlam, xls, xlsm, xlsx, xltm, xltx|
|Microsoft PowerPoint||pot, potm, potx, ppam, pps, ppsm, ppsx, ppt, pptm, pptx|
|Microsoft Word||doc, docm, docx, dot, dotm, dotx, rtf|
Copyright and Copying
When using the Library’s copying, scanning, and printing equipment to make copies of works protected by copyright, the copying must be authorized by:
- the Copyright Act for the purpose of fair dealing or under other educational exceptions of the Act;
- or, the copyright owner;
- or, in the case of e-journals and e-books, under the terms of Open Access or Creative Commons licenses, or licenses the University has signed with the publishers of those works.
To assist users with determining what materials may be copied, guidelines have been posted at photocopiers, scanners, and printers throughout the Library. Also, the Copyright FAQ and the University’s Fair Dealing Policy provide guidance on permitted copying.
Self-service scanning to your email address is available at all copier/printer/scanners. Follow the directions posted at each machine. Scanning is $.03 per page.
A self serve microform reader and printer is available on the 5th floor and in Archives and Special Collections on floor 10. These readers can save to PDF or print. Printing is available in black & white at a cost of $0.10 per page.
Staff at the Ask Us desk can provide printing directly onto transparency. The cost including transparency is:
- $0 .55 for black and white
- $1.50 for colour
Copying and Printing Services staff can also provide high-quality scans up to 600 dots per inch with true 48-bit colour. Image scanning and optical character recognition (OCR) for text are both available. Please submit your request in-person at the Ask Us desk or via our Scanning Request Form.
- Scanning can be done up to a size of 11″ x 17.”
- Scanned files can be saved to CD, USB stick or as e-mail attachments.
- We strive to provide next business day delivery if received by 3:30 p.m.
Fees and Payment Options
- $0.10 per scan
- $2.00 per blank CD-RW
The service is provided without charge for users with disabilities or if the scanned image/text is used with an accompanying large format printing request. Prices include HST and are subject to change. We accept cash/cheque, debit and credit.
Laminating is available during Ask Us desk operating hours at a cost of $1.00 per linear foot. Prices include HST and are subject to change. We accept cash/cheque, debit and credit.
Plastic comb binding is perfect for reports, books, calendars, presentations and more.
Submitting your requests:
- In-person. Your document can be in paper format, or we can print it for you from a file on CD, or USB key. (regular printing charges apply).
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include all instructions and the file you want printed and bound.
We strive to provide same business day service if received by 3:30 pm.
|Dimensions||1-100 pages||101-200 pages||201-300 pages||301-400 pages||401-425 pages|
|8.5 x 11||$2.00||$3.00||$4.00||$5.00||$5.25|
|8.5 x 14||$2.50||$3.50||$4.50||$5.50||$5.75|
Add card stock or plastic covers for an additional $1.50 per bound item.
Prices include HST and are subject to change.We accept cash/cheque, debit and credit.
Please ask staff at the Ask Us desk if you’d like to send a fax.
|Local Calls & Toll Free Numbers||416/905 Area Codes||Other Ontario Area Codes||Canada & the United States||International|
|$0.25 per page||$0.75 per page||$1.25 per page||$2.00 per page||$2.75 per page|
Prices include HST and are subject to change. We accept cash/cheque, debit and credit.
- Microform materials (microfilm or microfiche) are $0.15 per page.
- Black and white printing is $0.10 per page.
- A minimum $1.00 for postage charges will be added to the invoice.