- About Us
- Strategic Plan (PDF)
- Borrowing Policies
- Code of Conduct
- Collection Development Policy
- Computer Laptop Lending Policy
- Computer Access Policy
- Correspondence Policy
- Food and Drink Policy
- Guidelines for the Appropriate Use of Library Workstations
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Information Literacy/Library Research Skills Policy
- Photography & Filming Policy
- Privacy and Protection of Information
- Reserve Collection Policy
- Study and Work Space
- Equipment for Loan
- Interlibrary Loan Policies
- Library Access for the Local Community
- Library Donation Policy
- Personal Belongings Guidelines
- Matheson Learning Commons
- Support the Library
- Open Access
- Digital Repository
- Maps, Data & GIS
- Maps, Geodata & GIS Collections
- Contact Us
- Services & Hours
- Geospatial Data Services
- Guides & How to...
- Historical Map Prints for Sale!
- ArcGIS at Brock
- Special Collections and Archives
- Instructional Resource Centre
- Government and Legal Information
- Finding Books & Articles
- Borrowing from the Library
- Advanced Research
- Suggestion Box Responses
- Writing & Citing
- Tech Help
James A. Gibson Library
Brock's interlibrary loan management system allows registered users to search for items in all Ontario university and worldwide libraries using a single search interface, and to conveniently place borrowing requests for items Brock University does not own.
This virtual union catalogue is named RACER (Rapid Access to Collections by Electronic Requesting).
Brock faculty, staff and students must pre-register to use the service.
If you have forgotten your PIN, please come to the James A. Gibson Library Circulation Services Desk. To update RACER contact information such as your email account, please sign into RACER, click on Account Details, Edit, make changes, click on Save and Sign out.
Print and microform interlibrary loan materials borrowed on behalf of Brock users are signed out using the Brock Library circulation system. Users are able to track the due dates of these materials using the “My Library Account” service. These materials are subject to recall notices and overdue fees outlined on our Interlibrary Loan Fees web site.
When registering as a first time user, we recommend you enter your Brock email address (e.g. email@example.com) instead of a personal email address when completing the RACER registration form, since all notifications for the arrival of materials, electronic deliveries, cancellations, recall notices, messages, etc. are automatically sent to this email address. RACER users are responsible for reading and responding to these email messages.
RACER / Interlibrary Loan Post-to-Web service provides e-mail delivery of articles and book chapters directly to your computer. Important things to know about electronic delivery:
- Users will place requests in exactly the same way as before – through RACER.
- The Library will send a separate e-mail message for each requested document as they become available.
- You will need Adobe PDF reader to view documents via the download links.
- Each email message will include a link to the requested document that will expire after 5 views or 21 days – whichever comes first.
- Lending institutions may not grant permission to deliver documents electronically. These documents (when requested by faculty and staff) will be printed and sent to home departments through Brock intercampus mail. In this instance, students will be instructed to come to the Library’s Circulation Services Desk to pick up the documents.
Please contact Interlibrary Loan at 905-688-5550, ext.3235 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.