Earn a half Brock credit while travelling through beautiful Croatia.
The Department of Geography and Tourism Studies offers students at Brock and other Canadian universities the opportunity to study at the International Tourism and Hospitality Academy at Sea (ITHAS).
The Croatia Field Course (TOUR/GEOG 3P37) will be offered May 2-9, 2020.
Course Quick Facts:
- Open to all Brock students who meet course prerequisites, including Incoming Letter of Permission students. Students who don’t meet prerequisites may still be able to attend if given permission by the department, so please apply anyway!
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- Spend one week in Croatia
- Taught by scholars from around the world
- Earn half a Brock credit (TOUR/GEOG 3P37)
- Coursework is completed before and during your week in Croatia
- Learn alongside other students from across the world
- The Department of Geography and Tourism Studies is the only North American partner for the ITHAS program (other partners are from Europe and Asia)
- Credit will count towards your Tourism Studies or Geography major or minor, or as an elective credit-Please consult with your Academic Advisor to see where the credit fits into your individual program requirements
2020: Creative Tourism
May 2-9, 2020
2010: Small Scale Tourism Development
May 1-9, 2010
“ITHAS 2016 meant so much to me and I miss everyone and everything about it! I learned more than I can possibly put into words about tourism, different cultures and about myself! I am so grateful to have been given this opportunity and am beyond happy with my overall experience! The adventure was only a week but it felt like a month and the friendships and memories will last a lifetime!”
– Brooklyn McIntosh, BA Tourism and Environment
All prices are approximate. We are currently advising students to budget approximately:
- In-country Program Fees-$1100.00 CAD
- This includes docking fees, food and lodging on the boat in twin or triple cabins with private facilities, lectures, workshops and activities (local sight visits, meetings with local tourism professionals, etc.). Transfers from the Split airport to Trogir harbour are included.
- Flights from Canada to Split, Croatia are not included and need to be booked individually by the student. These flights can range approximately from $1200-$1400 CAD return.
- Eating out, drinks and extras such as entertainment are an additional cost.
Please fill out the Croatia Application Form – International field course – 2019-20 form and return it to the Department of Geography and Tourism Studies.
Signed forms can be submitted electronically to Virginia Wagg (firstname.lastname@example.org), and hard copies can be submitted into the main drop box in the Department of Geography and Tourism Studies (MC C-322).
- Extended to Jan. 15, 2020
- Once approved, the deposit will be charged to your student account as of Monday, February 3rd, 2020.
**This course is subject to a minimum enrolment of students and subject to cancellation if minimum numbers are not met**