Editor-in-chief, Journal of Ecotourism
My research is focused on five main themes: ecotourism, tourism ethics, moral issues tied to the use of animals in tourism, sustainable tourism, and fly-fishing
- Nature-based tourism
- Tourism ethics
- Ecotourism policy and planning
- TOUR 2P32: Nature-based Tourism
- TOUR 3P35: Tourism Ethics
- TOUR 3P96: Tourism, Animals and Ethics
- TOUR 4P34: The Business of Ecotourism
Examples of books published:
- Fennell, D. A. & Cooper, C. (In press). Sustainable Tourism. Bristol: Channel View Publications.
- Fennell, D. A. (2018). Tourism Ethics (2nd ed.). Clevedon: Channel View Publications.
- Fennell, D.A. (2016). Routledge major works collection: Tourism Ethics (series: Critical Concepts in Tourism). London: Routledge.
- Fennell, D.A. (2014). Ecotourism (4th ed.). London: Routledge
- Holden, A. & Fennell, D.A. (2013). (eds.). Handbook of Tourism and Environment, London: Routledge.
- Fennell, D.A.(2012).Tourism and animal ethics. London: Routledge.
- Fennell, D.A. & Malloy, D.C. (2007). Tourism codes of ethics: practice, theory, synthesis. Clevedon, UK: Channel View Publications.