Adjunct Professor, Geography and Tourism Studies
- Coastal Geomorphology of the Great Lakes Aeolian Geomorphology of the Great Lakes
- Coastal conservation and management
- Water Resources Geography and Education Polar Geography
Johnston, M.E., Dawson, J.P., Childs, J.A., & Maher, P.T. 2013 Exploring Post-course Outcomes of an Undergraduate Tourism Field Trip to the Antarctic Peninsula, Polar Record, 1-9. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S003224741300003X
Childs, J. 2012 ‘Beginnings’ in Bree, Y. (ed) Sandscapes: Exploring the Dunes of Sandbanks Provincial Park, A publication of the Friends of Sandbanks Provincial Park, 80p.
Childs, J. 2007 “Extreme Tourism: Lessons from the World’s Cold Water Islands”, Reviewed in Polar Geography Vol. 30(1/2): 75-77 Research
Childs, J., Johnston, J., Endres, A. and Byrne, M.L 2009 Internal structure of a mixed sand and gravel beach examined through ground penetrating radar, Wellington Bay Barrier, Sandbanks Provincial Park: A Reconnaissance Survey, October 2009, Report to Ontario Parks, Sandbanks Provincial Park, 9p.
- GEOG 1F91 – Principles of Physical Geography
- GEOG 2P11 – Research Methods in the Geosciences
- GEOG 3P83 – Geography of Water Resources
- GEOG 4P83 – Research Themes in Water Resources Other previously taught undergraduate courses
- GEOG 2P13 – Resource and Environmental Geographies
- GEOG 3P50 – Resource Management: Discourses, policies and ethics