More than 450 Brock students are involved in the organization, administration, supervision and operation of Recreation programs, including Youth University, summer camps, spring field trips, Lifeguards and Swim lesson instructors, Intramural Staff, Welcome Desk staff, Zone staff, Equipment Room staff.
NOTE: We continue to accept applications for Lifeguards ,Swim Instructors and Intramural Officials throughout the year. Volunteers are required in the fall and winter terms for the Children’s Movement Program and the Brock Niagara Penguins program.
2021-22 Applications will open on Friday February 26th and close on Friday March 19th. You can apply for any of the open positions online at Careers@Brock.
Applications for the 2021-2022 school year will be open Friday February 26th to Friday March 19th, 2021.
Hiring intramural officials takes place throughout the year. Hiring aquatics lifeguards and instructors takes place in early September. Positions can sometimes become available mid-year. Please contact the appropriate job supervisor to see if any positions are available.
Positions include: Personal trainers; lifeguards/instructors; intramural staff; equipment room staff; fitness/spin instructors; Welcome Desk staff; children’s movement staff; PALS/Sports School spring/summer staff; Youth University spring/summer/fall staff.
All Brock employees must complete the Council of Ontario Universities Accessibility Tutorial (AODA), which can be accessed through your student portal.
Lifeguard/Instructor applications for 2020/21 are being accepted on an ongoing basis. Please email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply online here.
Include with your application form a resume and:
- All copy of all current LSS awards/qualifications. For Lifesaving Society awards, simply hand in an up-to-date print-out from LSS website to prove qualifications. (Go to LSS Ontario “Find a Member – Check your qualifications” web page. You will need your LSS ID number.) For Standard First Aid CPR-C other than LSS you are required to show the original certification card.
- Two reference names with address and phone number.
Required Qualifications for Brock Lifeguards:
- National Lifeguard
- LSS First Aid Update completed or Emergency First Aid Instructor
- LSS Swim-for-Life Instructor
- LSS Bronze Family Instructor (Bronze Medallion/Cross)
- Standard First Aid & CPR-C
All required qualification courses are offered at Brock. See the Aquatics web page
and the current Swimming Lesson Guide for course dates, times & prices.
Volunteer applications for 2021-22 available fall 2021. Please hand yours in, in person at the Welcome Desk in Walker Complex.
Application deadline for 2021-22 positions is March 19th, 2021 at 11:59pm.
- Administrative Coordinator – filled for 2021-22
- Curriculum Coordinator -filled for 2021-22
- Movement Specialist- filled for 2021-22
- Instructor – 1 instructor position available for 2021-22
Please apply online here.
Volunteer positions – application deadline for 2021-22 will not be until Fall 2021.
We accept fitness and spin instructor applications on an ongoing basis. We regularly welcome new instructors onto our team who are qualified to teach the following styles f group fitness classes:
- Indoor group cycling
- Fitness Kickboxing
- Muscle Conditioning and Bootcamp classes
- Aerobic Fitness
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in applying to any of these positions or if you are qualified to teach other styles of group fitness and would be interested in teaching with Brock Recreation
Please apply online here. All applications are due on Friday March 19th, 2021 at 11:59pm.
Officials are hired at the start of each semester (Sept., Nov., and Jan.). Information regarding the officials clinics can be found here. If you have any questions regarding becoming an official please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are not currently recruiting for PALS or Sports School Instructors for 2021 at this time.
PALS Camp Instructor
Sports School Camp Instructor
Due to the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are not currently hiring for Summer camp 2021 positions.
May & June Opportunities
- Science and Leadership Field Trip Instructors
- Day Program and Ropes Course Instructors
- PALS (Positive Active Living for Students) Instructors
July & August Opportunities