Please bring your student ID with you, it is required in order to play.
- Gameplay will consist of 5 players and 1 goalie; co-ed teams must play with at least 2 females (excluding the goalie).
- The game will start with a jump ball at centre court.
- Games will consist of two 20 minute halves, with a short half-time.
- There are no time outs permitted, exclusion: personal injury or playoffs.
- A goal is scored once the entire ball has crossed the line; if the ball only partially crosses over the goal line and is saved then it is not a goal.
- Players are allowed to move with the ball for a maximum of 3 steps and then must pass to another teammate or attempt a shot on goal. (A step is considered when a player lifts any foot off the ground and places it back down, even if it is in the same spot).
- Players are permitted to dribble the ball for a maximum of ONE time and then must pick it up.
- Players are only allowed to hold the ball for 5 seconds without moving when closely guarded by a defender.
- A drop ball will result in a change of possession.
- Players may use their hands (open or closed) to catch, push or hit the ball. Use of the chest, head and knees are also permitted. However use of leg below the knee is not permitted.
- A player may not handle the ball more than once consecutively (not allowed to pass to oneself) unless the ball is first deflected or recovered after being hit from the player’s hands by a defender.
Out of bounds
- Once the ball goes over the sidelines it is out of bounds and is awarded to the opposing team at the point it went out.
- On a throw-in, the ball must be passed to a teammate before a shot on goal can be attempted (i.e. no direct shots on goal from out of bounds).
- All defenders must stay back at least 3 feet from the in-bounder when the ball is being thrown in.
- Only the defending goalkeeper is allowed inside the goal crease.
- All shots on goal must be attempted from outside the crease (goals scored while any body part is within the crease will not count).
- Goalies are allowed to pass the ball forward to offensive players as long as the pass isn’t over half.
- A three-minute penalty will be given for roughing, tripping, and anything deemed unsportsmanlike by the officials; a five minute penalty, ejection from the game and a disciplinary meeting with the Intramural Coordinator will occur if a fight happens.