The Professional Masters Preparation Certificate (PMPC) is an eight month preparation program that guides you through the challenges that you’ll encounter as an international student in a North American professional graduate school.
The PMPC approach
We’ll help you improve your English language skills, gain confidence in academic situations and create a North American academic record.
The PMPC is designed for international students who have completed undergraduate degrees and who wish to pursue graduate studies in North America in either business or education.
The PMPC is dedicated to helping you overcome foreseeable academic and cultural difficulties and acquire the understanding and skills to make the transition to graduate work smoother and ultimately more successful.
The PMPC is a formal certificate program. Students who successfully complete this program will receive a Brock University certificate. You will also be considered for conditional admission to either the MBA (ISP) or MPAcc (ISP) when you apply.
Goodman’s PMPC (Business) curriculum is designed to combine the strength of an intensive English language program with the addition of core introductory business courses.
Through the PMPC, you will develop practical strategies to help you succeed in a professional graduate school and open up new paths to success.
PMPC students take a combination of English language instruction courses as well as introductory business courses. You will be taking these courses with your classmates and undergraduate Business students.
Additional program information
|Canadian Citizens and International Students|
|Student Fees, Bus Pass and Health Services||$816|
|Living Expenses per year||$10,000|
|UHIP Health Coverage||$612|
|Total Estimated Costs||$28,648|
We do not have any financial aid available to PMPC (Business) students.
We expect each student to bring a unique and diverse background and experience to the program.
The goal of the program is to enhance your English language skills, in preparation for entry into a business graduate program. As the majority of our PMPC graduates continue with either the MBA (ISP) or the MPAcc (ISP) program, the application review takes all aspects of your application into consideration.
Candidates are selected based on their academic ability, professional and leadership experience, and future potential for achievement and success in the business world. At Goodman, we encourage students to nurture and develop both sides of their brain by growing personally and academically by building a strong foundation for graduate success.
- Four-year bachelor’s degree (Canadian equivalent)
- B/75 percent last two years academic average (Canadian equivalent)
- Minimum English Language Proficiency Score: Please be advised that the PMPC (Business) program does NOT accept English Language test waiver.
- TOEFL: IBT 70
- Academic IELTS: 6.0 with no sections below 5.5
- OR successful completion of level 4 of the Brock IELP No other English Programs will be accepted.
- Work experience is preferred but is not required.
If you are interested in conditional admission to either the MBA (ISP) or the MPAcc (ISP) programs, you must also meet the minimum admission requirements for these programs (with the exception of the English language proficiency score).
We’re here to help. Contact one of our staff members regarding the application process and we’ll guide you through all the options available to you.
Summary of Application Documents
Students looking to apply to our PMPC- Business program to improve their language ability so they can enter the MBA ISP OR MPAcc (ISP) program should apply directly to the master’s program of their choice through the OUAC online application. When we review the application, we will confirm that you are interested in attending the PMPC – Business program and if your application is successful you will be given two offers, one for our PMPC – Business program and one conditional offer for the MBA ISP or IMAcc program. If you just wish to apply to the PMPC- Business program, and do not wish to attend the master’s program upon completion please contact us directly through the portal for instructions.
All applications must include:
- Online OUAC Application
- Non Refundable Application Fee ($130 Canadian Subject to change)
- The application fee can be paid by credit card or online banking. All application fees are received by OUAC, not by Goodman or Brock University.
- Required Documents
- Within three business days of your application payment being processed you will be contacted by email by Brock University. The email will include instructions to activate your my.brocku.ca account and to upload your required application documents.
- Please visit the document upload instructions and document types page for more information
- Scans of original transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- The scanned copy must be of your official transcript, not your student/self-serve copy.
- The transcript must also include the institution grading scale.
- Any documents that are not in English or French must be translated into English and notarized before they are accepted. Both the translated and the original version must be scanned and uploaded.
- If you are a Brock student, your Brock transcript will be uploaded for you.
- Three electronic reference reports
- Reference reports can be academic and/or professional.
- Reference reports can only be submitted using the Brock University electronic reference system.
- Your referees will be emailed automatically with instructions to complete the electronic reference report once your application has been received by Brock University.
- Statement of interest
- Your statement of interest should be one page, single or double spaced.
- Graduate Studies Internal Scholarship/Award Application
- Completion of this form will ensure that you are considered for any awards/scholarships you may be eligible for
- Scan of official TOEFL, IELTS or other approved test score.
- A personal interview will be required via Skype.
If you are offered admission to our program, you will be required to send in official transcripts and official proof of degree completion. Please visit the document types page for further details.
Once submitted, all documents are the property of Brock University and will not be returned.
- Complete the online OUAC application for your desired master’s program and you will automatically be considered for the PMPC – Business.
- Upload required documents to your my.brocku.ca account.
- Monitor your application status through your my.brocku.ca account.
- You can also refer to the FAQ’s page for answers to the most common questions about applying.