What sets a great business school apart from the rest? Experience.
At Goodman, you’ll have the opportunity to make the Goodman experience your own. By taking advantage of the following experiences as a student, you’ll be well on your way to a successful career in business or accounting.
Our team of academic advisers are available exclusively to Goodman students. They are available to meet during walk-in hours, scheduled appointment times or to chat via online messaging and can answer any questions you may have about navigating our course registration system, degree requirements and specific program planning.
It’s necessary to stand out and set yourself apart to succeed in the business world. Goodman students rise to the challenge and exceed expectations. Whether you become a Goodman Scholar, achieve the Dean’s Honours List, or are invited to become a member of the Beta Gamma Sigma International Honour Society (BGS), we will recognize your academic success.
Experience student clubs
Develop your leadership skills by getting involved with our many clubs and student associations. The opportunities are here – the experience will be yours.
Goodman’s student clubs include:
- Brock Finance and Investment Group (BFIG) at Goodman
- Brock Innovation Group (BIG) at Goodman
- Brock Marketing Association (BMA) at Goodman
- Goodman Accounting Students’ Association (ASA)
- Goodman Business Students’ Association (BSA) at Brock University
- Goodman DECA
- Goodman Data Analytics Student Association (DASA)
- Goodman Graduate Business Council (GBC)
- Goodman Women In Business
Goodman Monster Pitch
Develop your career
What’s Service-Learning? Experience a hands-on learning approach
At Goodman, Service-Learning is a project-based teaching-learning strategy that connects classroom theory to challenges experienced in the business world. We focus on deliverables. Whether you have a hand in programming a database for a small business or developing a social media campaign for a local not-for-profit organization, you will have helped build a tangible result that our organization partners need to grow their businesses and serve the community.
You’ll benefit from:
- Gaining confidence about the material being learned/studied in the classroom
- Understanding the application of course content in real world situations
- Building your resume through practical and relevant experience
- Establishing and growing your professional network which could lead to a job
- Learning about career opportunities in the not-for-profit and small business sectors
Experience a dedicated career office
As a Goodman student, you’ll have exclusive access to the Goodman Career Development Office. Experience:
- Over 1,500 job postings per year
- One-on-one career advice
- Job search and career coaching targeted for business and accounting students
- Industry speaker series and on-campus recruitment events
- Hands-on, practical learning opportunities through Service-Learning
Whether you choose the co-op option in the Accounting or Business Administration program, you can be secure in the knowledge that our co-op program is one of the largest in Canada. With a placement rate consistently near 100%, you’ll be able to explore career possibilities, discover your interests and develop key industry contacts.
Experience international exchange
We have partnerships with over 40 business schools around the world.
Through our exchange programs, you can spend one or two semesters at a business school outside of Canada taking courses in English that count towards your Brock degree while enjoying extra traveling, experiencing other cultures, and learning about the business world in a truly global context. Take advantage of this amazing opportunity to learn a new culture, meet new friends and understand business from a global perspective.
Innovate and create
At Goodman, you will have opportunities to follow your entrepreneurial dream with the support of Goodman Group’s Venture Development, our on-campus business incubator. Venture Development can help you every step of the way from your idea to a fully operating business. With the help of mentors, networking opportunities and administrative support, you could be a business owner before you graduate. As a Goodman student, you will have the chance to pitch your business idea in Monster Pitch, a student competition that provides funding for student entrepreneurs. Previous judges have included Jim Treliving and Bruce Croxon from CBC’s Dragons’ Den.