This program gives you an opportunity to upgrade your academic record and gain knowledge of North American business principles. It is a carefully designed transition year that can help you bridge the gap between undergraduate and your MBA or MBA (ISP) experience.
The CAS is right for you if you:
- Would like to go on to an MBA or MBA (ISP) program but whose grades do not meet the minimum admission requirements. The CAS will provide students with an opportunity to create a recent academic record.
- Have an international background and want a comprehensive introduction to the foundations of a North American business education.
- Have a non-business background and would like to gain exposure to the foundations of management for the purposes of career advancement.
The CAS is a formal undergraduate certificate program. Students who successfully complete this program will receive a Brock University certificate.
Through the CAS, you will develop practical strategies to help you succeed in a professional graduate school and open up new paths to success.
CAS students take a carefully selected combination introductory of business courses. You will be taking these courses with your classmates and undergraduate Business students.
Additional program information
|Canadian Citizens||International Students|
|Student Fees, Bus Pass and Health Services||$816 per year||$816 per year|
|Living expenses per year||$10,000||$10,000|
|UHIP Health Coverage||n/a||$612|
|Total Estimated Costs||$29,641.40||$37,574.05|
We do not have any financial aid available to CAS students.
We expect each student to bring a unique and diverse background and experience to the program.
The goal of the program is provide you with a recent academic record in preparation for entry into a business graduate program.
As the majority of our CAS graduates will continue into one of our graduate programs, the application review takes all aspects of your application into consideration. Candidates are selected based on their academic ability, professional and leadership experience, and future potential for achievement and success in the business world. At Goodman, we encourage students to nurture and develop both sides of their brain by growing personally and academically by building a strong foundation for graduate success.
- Four-year bachelor’s degree (Canadian equivalent)
- C/Second Class/65 per cent overall academic average (Canadian equivalent)
- Minimum English Language Proficiency Score: TOEFL: IBT 88 (with a minimum of 21 on speaking and 21 on writing) /Academic IELTS: 6.5 (With no band below 6.0)
- One year of work experience
If you are interested in conditional admission to one of our graduate programs, you must also meet the minimum admission requirements for these programs.
We’re here to help. Contact one of our staff members regarding the application process and we’ll guide you through all the options available to you.
Summary of Application Documents
Students looking to apply to our CAS program to improve their academic history so they can enter the MBA ISP should apply directly to the MBA ISP program through the OUAC online application. When we review the application, we will confirm that you are interested in attending the CAS program and if your application is successful you will be given two offers, one for our CAS program and one conditional offer for the MBA ISP.
If you are applying to the CAS for the purpose of improving your academic average for entry into the traditional MBA program, please contact us directly through the portal for instructions. Please note that conditional admission into the traditional MBA program will not be considered unless a valid GMAT/GRE score is also provided. Applicants applying to the CAS with the intention of also applying for the traditional MBA program will be expected to complete the CAS with strong academic performance and provide a strong GMAT score before admission into the MBA program will be considered.
If you just wish to apply to the CAS program, and do not wish to attend the master’s program upon completion please contact us directly through the portal for instructions.
Applications must include:
- Online OUAC Application
- Non Refundable Application Fee ($130 Canadian -subject to change)
- The application fee can be paid by credit card or online banking. All application fees are received by OUAC, not by Goodman or Brock University.
- Required Documents
- Within three business days of your application payment being processed you will be contacted by email by Brock University. The email will include instructions to activate your my.brocku.ca account and to upload your required application documents.
- Please visit the document upload instructions and document types page for more information
- Scans of original transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- The scanned copy must be of your official transcript, not your student/self-serve copy.
- The transcript must also include the institution grading scale.
- Any documents that are not in English or French must be translated into English and notarized before they are accepted. Both the translated and the original version must be scanned and uploaded.
- If you are a Brock student, your Brock transcript will be uploaded for you.
- Three electronic reference reports
- Reference reports can be academic and/or professional.
- Reference reports are submitted directly by the referee can only be submitted using the Brock University electronic reference system.
- Your referees will be emailed automatically with instructions to complete the electronic reference report once your application has been received by Brock University.
- Statement of interest
- Your statement of interest should be one page, single or double spaced.
- Graduate Studies Internal Scholarship/Award Application
- Completion of this form will ensure that you are considered for any awards/scholarships you may be eligible for
- Scan of official English proficiency test score (ie.TOEFL, IELTS).
- A personal interview will be required via Skype for MBA ISP applicants.
If you are offered admission to our program, you will be required to send in official transcripts and official proof of degree completion. Please visit the document types page for further details.
Once submitted, all documents are the property of Brock University and will not be returned.