This file will configure your iPhone, iPod or iPad to use services provided by Information Technology Services on Brock University’s wireless network.
Download the linked file below to your computer and synchronize it to your iPod or iPhone using iTunes or just click on the link using your iPod or iPhone directly to install.
These configurations include the Brock private network root certificate where necessary.
Eduroam allows students, researchers, and staff visiting Brock from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity while on campus.
Brock faculty, staff, and students visiting participating institutions can connect to the institutions WiFi by connecting to eduroam with their Brock CampusID.
Learn more about eduroam here.
‘BrockEvents’ is a special SSID that is activated for events and conferences held on campus with non-Brock guests. A unique username and password is created by request for each event and distributed to guests by the event organizer. If you are hosting an event or conference on campus and would like your non-Brock guests to have wireless access, please fill out the BrockEvents Request Form.
Students, faculty, and staff should continue to use the ‘BrockWiFi’ or the ‘eduroam’ SSIDs as ‘BrockEvents’ is only available for limited time periods.
After changing your password, forget the network so that your old password is not cached.
Follow the steps below to learn how to forget your a network on your device:
- Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen.
- Click Network settings.
- Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
- Under Manage known networks, click the network you want to delete.
- Click Forget.
- Click on the WiFi symbol from the top menu bar and click Open Network Preferences.
- Form the menu on the left, select WiFi.
- Click Advanced (located in the bottom-right of the pop-up window).
- Select Eduroam and click the minus sign. Then, click OK.
- At the top-right, click on Turn Wifi Off and then click Apply. Click on Turn Wifi On and reconnect.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap the info button next to the wi-fi network you want to forget (it looks like a lower-case “i”).
- Tap Forget This Network.
- Tap Forget when prompted to confirm you want to forget the network.
- Open your Android’s Apps menu.
- Click on the Settings button.
- Select Wi-Fi on the menu. This button will scan your surroundings and list all available Wi-Fi networks around you.
- Slide the Wi-Fi switch to the “on” position. Make sure your Wi-Fi is turned on in order to see a list of available networks around you.
- Select the network you want to forget. It will open a pop-up window where you can find more details about this Wi-Fi network.
- Click Forget (in the lower-right corner of the pop-up window). Your device will forget this network, and stop automatically connecting to it.
- If you don’t see a Forget button here, click Close or Cancel. Then, press and hold the Wi-Fi network on the list. It will open a new pop-up window with the Forget option.
Guests may request a temporary account at one of our Help Desk locations. Hours and locations are available on our Contact Us page. Please note that the Help Desk will request to see ID before creating the guest account.
If you are visiting from another university or college that participates in the eduroam program, you can connect to our wireless network using credentials from your own institution. Learn more here.
Yes, simply logon to the ‘eduroam’ SSID using your current username and password. Learn more about eduroam.
Please be aware that Brock ITS cannot troubleshoot technical issues for visitors. Please contact your home institution for eduroam support. If your institution is unable to troubleshoot the issue, or does not participate in eduroam, you can request a guest account for ‘BrockWiFi’ access at our Computer Commons Help Desk.
If you are hosting a large event or conference at Brock and would like to provide WiFi access to non-Brock attendees you can request a username and password for your event using the BrockEvents Request Form.
ITS will review your request and, if approved, provide a unique username and password to be used with the ‘BrockEvents’ SSID. Please allow at least one week for your request to be processed.
Once ITS has confirmed your username and password, you can share it with your guests. Please be aware that the username and password will only be valid for the dates of the conference and that these credentials will not allow access to Brock computers or lecterns.
Please contact your event organizer for assistance.
VPN - Faculty/Staff
VPN (Virtual Private Network) allows faculty and staff to connect to IT resources on the University network that are not accessible via the internet. This service allows faculty and staff to connect to their Windows, MAC, or Linux desktop remotely while away from Brock.
Faculty and staff can login here with your CampusID for more information.