Mobile devices including phones and tablets are commonly used in today’s connected world and chances are you own at least one. We tend to carry these devices with us everywhere, however, it is important to remember they contain sensitive information about yourself and your family such as:
- Contact numbers.
- Work and personal emails.
- Notes and documents.
Here are some steps and precautions that you can take to ensure that your device is secure while you’re on the go:
- Enable a Pin or Passcode on your mobile device, iOS or Android.
- Keep your mobile device up to date, iOS or Android.
- Keep your apps up to date, iOS or Android.
- Enable iCloud on your iOS device or Android Device Manager on your Android device, so you can locate it and wipe it, if needed.
- Do not open or respond to unknown or unexpected text messages or emails.
- Do not leave your mobile device unattended.
- Secure your home wireless with a strong password.
Please visit our Outlook page for information on setting up your Brock email on your mobile device.
Please visit our Wireless page for information on setting up your mobile device to our WiFi.
If you require assistance setting up your email or wireless connection, please contact us.
If you are a Faculty/Staff member inquiring about a Brock owned device, please visit our SharePoint @ Brock page.