Sway is a presentation tool primarily used for presenting ideas onscreen rather than to an audience. Presentations created with Sway are seamlessly backed up to the cloud and can easily be shared or embedded onto websites. Sway presentations are based along a storyline to allow users’ narratives to be flexible and free-flowing.
Log In to Office 365
Lynda.com: Basic - Expert
Infographics and Guides
More O365 Resources
While there are overlaps, PowerPoint and Sway presentations are built differently, look different and serve different purposes.
- Unlike Sway, PowerPoint is primarily for presenting ideas to an audience rather than on screen.
- With PowerPoint, you manually add and place your content where you want it to appear. With Sway, you upload content and Sway will build the bones of your presentation for you.
- You can pull in web content with Sway from sites like Wikipedia, YouTube, Flickr, Soundcloud and more.
- Sway will take your content into account and suggest content for you to add.
- PowerPoint comes with premade templates or you can design your own. These templates are highly customizable.
- Sway has templates with customizable colours, but the option to customize is more limited than with PowerPoint.