If you want a career in business, our Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program allows you to tailor your degree to meet your personal career goals. In your first two years, you’ll receive a solid foundation in the functional areas of business along with knowledge of the Canadian and global business environment through a core set of courses. In your final two years, you’ll prepare to meet your professional goals by having the option to focus on one of 10 areas of concentration.
This program combines case studies, experiential learning, small classroom lectures, group projects and independent work. The program will help you develop key business skills that are in high demand from employers. These include oral and written communications, ethical reasoning, quantitative literacy, problem-solving skills and more.
This program has limited enrollment and has a co-op option which gives students 12 months of work experience.
|ADMISSIONS AND PROGRAM INFORMATION|
|Available entry points||September (Fall term)|
|Duration of the program||4 years non-co-op; 4.5 years co-op|
|Co-op available?||Yes, optional 12 months of co-op experience|
|International exchange available?||Yes|
In today’s business world, you need to set yourself apart from the rest. Having an outstanding education is just the start. Our learning environment extends beyond the classroom to provide you with every opportunity to build your skills and experiences so that you can stand out from the crowd.
The Goodman Experience
Experience makes the difference. At Goodman, we invite you to make the most of out of your degree and chart your own path through academics, international exchange, service-learning, career development, student club leadership, entrepreneurship and innovation. You will have every opportunity to have an amazing experience that will get you from campus to career.
|Requires Grade 12 courses||ENG 4U, two 4U maths||ENG 4U, two 4U maths|
|Expected cut-off*||high 70s||low 80s|
*Admission is based on your top six 4U or 4M courses, including required subjects for the program.
For more information on how to apply, please visit Brock University’s Admission Site.
Please visit brocku.ca/safa for the most up-to-date information.
*Fees are subject to change.
All applicants are automatically considered for any available scholarships at the time of their application.
One application — hundreds of awards and bursaries. Awards are valued up to $20,000 and are based on varying criteria, including academic performance. Bursaries with a value of up to $3,000 are available, based on financial need. Complete our OneApp as early as possible to maximize your earning potential.
Brock Leaders Citizenship Award $8,000 ($2,000/yr)
We’re looking for leaders. If you’ve achieved exceptional academic success in
addition to demonstrating outstanding leadership and community involvement,
we want you as part of the Brock Leaders Citizenship Society. Apply for this
prestigious award: TBA
International Baccalaureate (IB) Scholars Award $1,000
If you’ve completed your IB program, you may receive an automatic recognition award of $1,000, in addition to any other awards that you qualify for.
Specialist High Skills Major Award $500
Finishing a Specialist High Skills Major program? Graduates entering Brock with
an admission average of 80 per cent or higher will automatically be awarded a
Goodman Scholarship $8,000 ($2,000/yr)
The Goodman Scholarship Program is exclusive to the Goodman School of Business. Students must demonstrate at least two of the following:
- Leadership in university and community life or evidence of entrepreneurial talent
- Exceptionally high academic grades
- Financial need
Apply via OneApp
Transfer Scholars Award
Transfer Scholars Awards are available for Ontario college graduates with an
average of at least 85 per cent and 4.5 or less transfer credits. Please visit
brocku.ca/safa for more information.
Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
OSAP provides eligible Ontario students with financial aid to help pay for
education-related costs such as tuition, books, living costs and transportation.
Students and families earning less than $140,000 can also benefit from
generous grants and loans. Visit Ontario.ca/OSAP for more information.
Please visit brocku.ca/safa for the most up-to-date information.
In your first two years, you’ll take a core set of courses to build a solid foundation in the functional areas of business along with knowledge of the Canadian and global business environment. Beginning in your third year, you will have the option of declaring a concentration to specialize your degree.
Whether you choose to focus on a specific business discipline, or want to combine various areas of study, you can build a BBA degree that will match your career goals. In your final two years, you’ll have the option to focus on one of 10 areas of concentration.
Human Resource Management
* The BBA program (Accounting concentration) provides a broader managerial degree with a more limited focus in accounting. The BBA program meets some, but not all, CPA requirements. The BAcc program is designed for students intending to pursue a professional accounting designation and includes all university courses required by CPA Ontario (Chartered Professional Accountants).
The BBA Co-op (Honours) program combines academic and work terms over 4.5 years. You will spend two years in an academic setting studying the functional areas of business as well as the Canadian and global business environments before your first co-op work term. The exposure to courses in the core areas of business provides the necessary academic background and valuable work experience.
Experiential Education in the Goodman School of Business at Brock is project based where students work as “consultants” to community partner(s) within the framework of their academic courses. This is not a “co-op” or “placement” as in the traditional experiential learning models, but rather a teaching-learning strategy that connects classroom theory to challenges experienced in the business world. We focus on deliverables. Whether you are running a search engine optimization (SEO) campaign or developing social media strategies for a partner organization , you will have helped build a tangible result that our organization partners need to grow their businesses and serve the community. These projects will also help to round out your resume, setting you apart from the competition in your job search.
Today’s employers are looking for individuals who have a global perspective and cultural sensitivity. At Goodman, we offer international programs as an extension of in-class learning and to encourage personal development.
There is a $500 award available from Goodman per semester to students on exchange. Students on exchange can continue to receive all student funding.
You need to be career ready when you finish your BBA. At Goodman, we have a team of career experts, ready to help you land the career of your dreams.
SERVICES OFFERED TO STUDENTS
- Comprehensive resumé and cover letter review
- LinkedIn profile review
- Industry-specific mock interviews
- Career consulting and coaching
- Employer information sessions
- Innovative networking events
- Designation specific sessions
Goodman alumni have access to CareerZone indefinitely upon graduation and exclusive opportunities will also be shared with alumni in the Goodman Alumni Network on LinkedIn. Other services such as employment documents review, career consulting and mock interviews will be available for one year after graduation.
After you complete your studies at Goodman, you may choose to pursue professional designations. These designations demonstrate commitment and achievement within a variety of industries in business including accounting, finance, human resources, sales and many more.
The Goodman School of Business is accredited by a number of organizations which provide pathways leading to the following designations:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) – issued by the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
- Certified in Management (C.I.M.) – issued by CIM Chartered Managers Canada/NCMA National Centre for Management Accreditation
- Chartered Manager (C.Mgr.) – issued by CIM Chartered Managers Canada/NCMA National Centre for Management Accreditation
- Professional Sales Certificate (PSC) – issued by the Canadian Professional Sales Association
The BBA and MBA programs at the Goodman School of Business are NCMA Nationally Accredited Programs by CIM | Chartered Managers Canada. As a result, Goodman students are entitled to free associate membership. Navigate to https://cim.ca/student and fill in your information and have immediate access to all association benefits.
Programs at the Goodman School of Business may also help prepare you for the following designations or certifications. If you are interested in any of the following, please check directly with the granting organization for more information.
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) US
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Professional Qualification and Certificate in Business Accounting
- Canadian Investment Funds Course (CIFC)
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) – advanced standing available through Mohawk College
- Chartered Business Valuator (CBV)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (Ch.F.C.)
- Chartered Investment Manager (CIM)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
- Personal Financial Planner (PFP) – advanced standing available through Mohawk College
- Professional Risk Manager (PRM)
Information Systems/Business Analytics:
- Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Master
- SAS Certified Predictive Modeler Using SAS Enterprise Miner
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE)
- Certified Web Analyst (CWA)
- Google Ads Certification
- Google Analytics Certification
- New Product Development Professional (NPDP)
- Online Marketing Certified Associate/Professional Certification (OMCP)
- Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing, Marketing Management, Content Marketing or Sales Management
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Certified in Logistics, Transportation & Distribution (CLTD)
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)
- Certified Quality Process Analyst (CQPA)
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB)
- Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt (CSSYB)
- Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCMP)
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)
- Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)
- Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (CO-OP)