|Method||Estimated Processing Time (Funds must be processed to the student account by the due date)|
|Internet, telephone or ATM banking with major banks and most Ontario credit unions||2 business days (make payment 2 business days before the due date)|
|Western Union Bank to Bank International Payment||3-5 business days (make payment 3-5 business days before the due date)|
|In person at a Canadian Bank||5 business days (make payment 5 or more business days before the due date)|
|Mailed cheque to Brock University (post dated cheques are NOT accepted)||10+ business days (mail 10 or more business days before the due date. Lost or slow mail is beyond University control)|
|HigherEdPoints.com (turn Aeroplan® Miles into tuition dollars!)||As stated on Higher Ed Points website (higheredpoints.com). We recommend 14 business days.|
|Cash is not an accepted form of payment.||As of June 1, 2017 we will no longer accept cash for tuition and residence fees. Please choose one of the approved payment methods above.|
|Wire Payments are not an accepted form of payment.||Students who send wire payments will be subject to a $25.00 processing fee and substantial processing times. Please use Western Union Bank to Bank transfer for International funds.|
Telephone or internet banking
To pay by online banking through a Canadian bank, or most Ontario Credit Unions:
- Contact your financial institution in order to set up your bank account(s) for telephone or web banking.
- Follow your bank’s instructions to add Brock to your list of payees.
- Make a payment, using your 7 digit Brock student number as the account number to pay your bill. If your bank requires a nine digit number, simply add two zeros at the beginning of your student number.
Western Union Bank to Bank Transfer for International Students
International students pay their student fees is through Western Union’s Bank to Bank Transfer system, GlobalPay. This option allows you to pay the Canadian dollar student fees in the currency of your choice with a guaranteed exchange rate for 72 hours. Western Union GlobalPay for students can be used in every country not financially sanctioned by the Canadian government.
Western Union will forward the correct Canadian dollar amount to Brock University, and Brock University will post the Canadian dollar equivalent to your student fee account. DO NOT send more money to Brock University than you owe. Personal funds for living must be sent to your personal bank account. Brock reserves the right to refuse or return funds to sender that are over and above fees owed on the student financial account.
Helpful Western Union “how to” videos:
- Spanish (Español)
- Korean (한국어)
- Wechat pay video (答复)
- Chinese-Cantonese (粤语)
- Chinese-Mandarin ( 普通话)
- Hindi (हिन्दी)
Paying at a Bank
To pay in person at a bank or credit union:
- Print a copy of your student Fee Statement.
- Bring it to your Bank or Credit Union, and pay just as you would any bill. Make sure the teller uses the 7 digit student number as the account number to pay. If the bank requires a 9 digit account number, have them add 2 zeros to the beginning of the student number.
Cheque payments-POST DATED CHEQUES OR CHEQUES WITH MISSING INFORMATION WILL BE RETURNED
To pay by cheque:
- Print your student Fee Statement.
- Make the cheque payable to Brock University.
- Record the student’s name and Student ID # on the cheque.
- Mail to: Brock University, Attn: Brock Central, 3rd Floor, 1812 Sir Isaac Brock Way,
St Catharines, ON L2S 3A1
A fee of $45 will be charged for any cheques returned by the bank.