Brock was officially named Fair Trade Campus of the Year in 2015!
What is fair trade?
Fair trade is a market-based system that uses informed consumer support to influence international trade and business practices toward greater social and environmental sustainability. As a response to conventional trade systems, which have very often contributed to poverty and poor working conditions within developing countries, fair trade aims to build an alternative approach based on mutually beneficial relationships between producers and consumers.
Where to find fair trade products at Brock University
- Sir Isaac Brock Blend (Guernsey Market, Alphie’s Bistro, Residence, C-Block, Cairns Complex, Noodles)
- Badger Brew (General Brock Store)
- Plus extra from independently operated businesses on campus: one Fair Trade Starbucks option (Daily Grind Café, Student-Alumni Centre) and two Fair Trade Seattle’s Best options (Common Grounds, Matheson Learning Commons)
- Numi Tea (Guernsey Market, General Brock Store, Alphie’s Bistro, Residence, C-Block, Cairns Complex, Noodles)
- Dairy Milk (General Brock Store, Union Station, Walker Food Court, vending machines
- Camino (Campus Store, vending machines)