All students are strongly encouraged to see their academic advisors on a regular basis to ensure that program plans are completed and that all academic requirements are met. Our department has two advisors to assist Geography and Tourism students:
- Log in to your Brock Portal (my.brocku.ca)
- Click on “Appointment Bookings” on the left side of your screen
- Click the drop down menu and select “Academic Advising”
- Beside “Departments”, select “Geography & Tourism Studies”
- Look for green spots on the calendar and select a date and time
- Fill out the required information and click “Go”
Samantha offers drop-in advising in MC C-324 for quick advising consultations (10-15 minutes) on:
- Tuesdays, 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- Wednesdays, 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- Thursdays, 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- Fill out one of our program planners to make sure you’re on track to graduate. Bring this to your appointment.
- Make sure when you look for your program requirements that you know your regulation year (you can find this on your my.brocku.ca portal). It’s important to make sure you are following the correct year.
- Write down your questions or comments and bring them with you to your appointment.
- Make a scheduled academic advising appointment with Samantha or Virginia through my.brocku.ca
- Come in during our posted drop-in hours