Associate Professor, Sport Management
Dr. Fogel’s research examines crime, corruption, violence, doping, discrimination, and other social and legal issues in the context of sport. He completed graduate degrees in both Sociology (M.A. and Ph.D) and Law (LL.M). He currently coaches basketball for the Niagara Prep women’s team in the Ontario Scholastic Basketball Association.
- On the Sidelines: Sexual Violence in Canadian Youth Sport
- Rink Rage: Spectator Violence and Harassment in Canadian Hockey (with Kevin Mongeon)
- Blood on the Pitch: Socio-Legal Aspects of Rugby Violence.
- Society for the Study of Social Problems
- North American Society for the Sociology of Sport
- Canadian Law and Society Association
Quinlan, E., Quinlan, A., Fogel, C., & Taylor, G. eds. (2017). Sexual Violence at Canadian Universities: Activism, Institutional Responses, and Strategies for Change. Waterloo, ON: Wilfrid Laurier University Press.
Fogel, C. ed. (2017). Critical Perspectives on Gender and Sport. Champaign, IL: Common Ground (Sport and Society Series).
Fogel, C. (2017). Controversies in Law and Sport. Champaign, IL: Common Ground (Sport and Society Series).
Fogel, C., Quinlan, E., & Quinlan, A. eds. (2014) Imaginative Inquiry: Innovative Approaches to Interdisciplinary Research. Palo Alto, CA: Academica Press.
Fogel, C. (2013) Game-Day Gangsters: Crime and Deviance in Canadian Football. Edmonton, AB: Athabasca University Press.
- Research Design and Evaluation
- Introduction to Sport and the Law
- Power, Politics, and Policy in Sport
- Fraud and Corruption in Sport
- Sport, Social Justice, and Human Rights