Faculty of Graduate Studies
Graduate students are a vital part of Brock’s vision for research success as an institution focused on a transdisciplinary approach to build knowledge, and lead discovery and innovation.
Each year, Canada’s national and provincial funding agencies award hundreds of scholarships to our graduate students as recognition of excellence in research and scholarship. As well, generous donors fund internal graduate scholarships and awards to support outstanding graduate students. It all adds up — this year, graduate student research funding and awards totalled approximately $2.5 million.
Graduate student researchers and scholars have unique talents, knowledge and skills. Brock needs to continue to attract such students to keep building upon our diverse community of researchers from which a collaboration of ideas cross disciplines and drive productive research.
Read more about research and scholarship underway by graduate students.
Also, become familiar with Brock’s research community:
• Five new transdisciplinary research groups have been developed to expand on expertise in biotechnology, health care, the environment, and social issues
• Brock University is home to more than 500 researchers who work on an incredible array of diverse subjects — Brock has received over $15,000,000 in research funding in recent years
• Brock offers graduate students a one-to-one research environment and access to multi-million dollar labs and equipment
• Brock’s 13 Canada Research Chairs are at the top of their game, fighting cancer with flowers, helping Olympic skiers aim for gold, peering into the minds of teenagers and many more areas of national and international interest
• Brock Innovation is an office within the University that manages research and innovation relationships between members of the University and the commercial world
• Brock received $843,500 from the federal government to create BioLinc,
a business incubator established specifically to help the university partner with regional supporters to create new bio-manufacturing businesses in southern Ontario
• The Office at Research Services supports Brock’s research community by overseeing policies and procedures, funding opportunities for faculty-led projects and fostering collaboration opportunities.