Brock University recognizes the value of having a diverse background of cultures and identities represented within its graduate student population. The Brock Horizon Graduate Scholarship will help ensure that Brock University continues to attract stellar researchers and students from various fields while building a diverse and inclusive university community. Our goal is to support these emerging leaders in their pursuit of post-secondary education.
Scholarship Amount: $5,000
Deadline to Apply: May – Date TBD.
- Any incoming research-based student who self-identifies as Black, Indigenous, or a person of colour (BIPOC); or as a member of another under-represented group, including but not limited to individuals from low-income or low socio-economic status backgrounds, racialized, 2SLGBTQ+, or first generation graduate students, and people living with disabilities.
- This is a one-time, stackable award (can be combined with other awards) per graduate degree.
- Student must have begun their graduate studies during the 2021 calendar year (Winter 2021, Spring 2021 or Fall 2021 start).
- What is a non-academic reference?
- A Non-academic reference refers to a referee that can speak to your whole person, rather than just your academic merits. A supervisor or faculty member can absolutely provide a reference for the Horizon scholarship. It is recommended that whoever you choose as your referee can speak to all of your achievements.
- When will results be announced?
- Results of the Horizon Scholarship competition are expected to be announced the first week of July.
- Can continuing students apply for this award?
- This award is only open to incoming graduate students. Continuing students can not apply. If you are currently a Brock student completing a Master’s degree and moving onto a PhD program, this is considered to be a new program so you would be eligible to apply.
- If I am a successful candidate, when will I receive the scholarship funds?
- The funds will be posted to your student financial account in the fall term and will be applied towards any outstanding tuition and ancillary fees.