Take some time out of your summer schedule to make a difference in your own life and in the lives of others.
Solidarity Experiences Abroad (SEA) is a unique, short-term, international experiential learning opportunity for students to travel and explore the realms of social justice by connecting career objectives to a series of volunteering activities and community development projects. The SEA program is organized through Solidarity Experiences Abroad Inc.
Our program allows students and professionals to explore social justice through solidarity, culture and spirituality. Participants receive a hands-on experience by supporting a range of health campaigns, educational workshops, entrepreneurship workshops, and construction or renovation projects. They work alongside, and in solidarity, with local community leaders, grass-root foundations and other local university students. Through their work, language classes, outings and lectures, participants are encouraged to engage with local communities to experience the diversity of our world’s unique cultures. During their time abroad, each SEA participant will learn the power of working together, and discover the possibilities of making an impact in the world using the skills they have learned at Brock University. Whether students work in educational, healthcare, social responsibility, entrepreneurial or sustainable development projects, they agree that this program is unlike anything they have experienced during their time at Brock.
Since the inception of SEA at Brock University in 2004, over 2,300 students have made the decision to engage in this innovative program to South America and Africa. Approximately six trips are run each year over the summer holidays and reading weeks to various destinations including Costa Rica, Peru, Ecuador, Brazil, South Africa, and Angola.
Reading Week 2020 – Registration: OPEN
- Medical Mission: Peru – Feb 13-23
- English Summer Camp: Peru – Feb 13-23
- Cost: $2,596 (Huacachina & Ballestas Islands) or $3,224 (Machu Picchu)
Summer 2020 – Registration: OPEN
- Education: Peru – May 16-29 – $3,596 (to Machu Picchu) or $2,970 (to Huacachina & Ballestas Islands)
- Medical Mission (joint trip): Ecuador & Peru – June 16 – July 5 – $4,300 (to Machu Picchu) or $3,680 (to Huacachina & Ballestas Islands)
- Medical Mission: Peru – June 22 – July 5 – $3,596 (to Machu Picchu) or $2,970 (to Huacachina & Ballestas Islands)
- Medical Mission: Ecuador – July 16-29 – $3,596
- Social Business & Community Development: Ecuador – July 16-29 – $3,596