Experience our programs
Brock University offers 49 master’s and PhD programs and an array of specializations, all within a diverse community of award-winning scholars and researchers that are dedicated to the success of our graduate students.
There are a variety of program options, including course-based and research-based programs, full-time and part-time options, co-op programs and International Student Programs (ISP) designed as cohort models with additional English and communication support built in.
We encourage you to review our program page and see what options are available to you.
Experience our location
Located in St. Catharines, Ontario Canada, the Niagara Region is ideally centered between Toronto and the USA. The safe, friendly and affordable Niagara region makes Brock University a great place to live, work and play.
Experience our size
We’re “just right” — small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world–class minds. Our students have the opportunity to work one-on-one with Canada Research Chairs and award-winning faculty members.
Experience our facilities
Our students have hands-on access to our multi-million dollar lab equipment and world-class facilities.
Experience our International Services
Our International Student Services and Programs Abroad team is located in a brand new state-of-the-art facility. International Student Services and Programs Abroad offers support and guidance throughout your studies and can assist you with many items along the way including immigration, health insurance and social activities.
Experience Brock University
We offer our international students the opportunity to learn practical skills in the classroom, to hone their research skills in the labs, to participate in professional development workshops, to collaborate with colleagues through the Graduate Student Association (GSA), and gain knowledge and practical experience through options like co-op and experiential learning.
We also encourage you to review the immigration opportunities that are available in Ontario — including the provincial nominee program.
How to Apply
For application instructions and admission requirements you should review the content on the website.
You will then need to upload your transcripts and additional application materials. These documents will vary by program. Refer to the program page for application deadlines and program specific information.
You can refer to our International Admission Guide which can be used as a reference, but does not guarantee admission.
- Tuition and Fee information can be found on our Finance website.
- For a sample of the cost of living in St. Catharines, we recommend that you review our Financial Information page. We have estimated the average costs (per term – there are 3 terms per year) for a typical student living in St. Catharines.
- We have also included a Budget Tool Resource where you can input your actual amounts. This will assist you in creating a budget for the upcoming year.
- Students will need to ensure that sufficient funds are available to support themselves and their family while in Canada.
- Students may also have the opportunity to work off campus to gain Canadian experience and earn extra money.
- For information regarding the funding, scholarships and bursaries that are available to our international students, you should review the Financial information website as well as the Faculty of Graduate Studies website.
Once you have decided to apply to Brock University for Graduate Studies:
- Complete the online application
- Submit the application fee
- Activate your Brock portal account using your campus ID (2 letters, 2 numbers, 2 letters) that you were emailed shortly after you submitted your fee.
- Upload the required documents to your Brock portal
- Keep in mind that it can take some time for decisions to be made – typically 6-8 weeks after the deadline date.
Once you have been admitted:
- Log on to the Brock portal to accept or decline your offer of admission
- Check that the document status channel of your Brock Portal for a list of final documents that you are required to provide to finalize your admission
- Ensure that any conditions outlined in your offer letter are met prior to registration
- Apply for your study permit once you have received your offer of admission letter (be sure to allow sufficient time as this process can be lengthy)
- Upload a copy of your study permit to your Brock Portal once you have received it
- Register for your courses
- Register for the Faculty of Graduate Studies New Graduate Student Welcome
Once you arrive on campus:
- Stop by International Student Services and Programs Abroad
- Meet with your Graduate Program Director and/or supervisor
- Obtain your Brock Identification card
- Attend the Faculty of Graduate Studies New Graduate Student Welcome
- Attend your other graduate program welcome events
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.