Computer Science or MIS Students with at least two semesters of coursework…
You could be eligible to apply for the David L. Squires Scholarship
David L. Squires was a staff member at the Memorial University of Newfoundland who was always willing to help worthwhile students. David was also a hard-working, respected member of the Data Processing Management Association (DPMA). The Squires Foundation was created in honour of David L. Squires by his DPMA peers to help students.
The Squires Foundation was incorporated in 1994 to:
- Promote excellence in the study of informatics by individuals;
- Conduct or sponsor research in informatics education; and
- Sponsor informatics educational offerings to the public
The Squires Foundation provides scholarships each year to students who:
- demonstrate significant financial need;
- are Canadian Citizens OR Landed Immigrants;
- are in a full-time Computer Science program at a University or College;
- have successfully completed 2 full semesters in this program; and,
- have reached a high level of scholastic achievement.
A student must meet all the above requirements to qualify.
How to Apply
Go to www.iticanada.ca and select the Scholarship tab on the right side of the home page. The application is online. The deadline is October 31, 2021.