Are you interested in becoming a Consultant? Thinking about building a career in consulting? Are you interested in helping start-ups at Brock?
The Consulting Pathway Program provides Goodman MBA students with the opportunity to gain hands-on expertise in consulting services. Students interested in getting consulting experience can now apply to be a part of the Consulting Pathway Program. As part of this program, students will be required to complete 3 phases and will be provided with training in Phase 1, a consulting project with a start-up company at Brock University in Phase 2 and the opportunity to become a consultant with the Goodman Group – Consulting Services by end of Phase 3. Applications for this program will open in September 2020.
Phase 1 of the Consulting Pathway Program will take place in the Fall semester. Students interested in the Consulting Pathway Program will need to complete an application form and attend mandatory training seminars to help them prepare for their consulting project taking place in Phase 2.
The following are mandatory events for students to attend to be eligible for the Consulting Pathway Program:
- Virtual Competitor Development Program: September 13-20, 2020
- Business competitions help you in applying classroom knowledge to simulate real-life scenarios. This case competition training will prepare students on how to approach cases and present their ideas effectively. This will help when presenting in class, representing Goodman at case competitions as well as when interviewing for a job/co-op position.
- Virtual Presentation Etiquette Workshop: October 21, 2020
- Take your presentation skills to the next level while learning appropriate presentation etiquettes in both a virtual and in-person setting. This session will focus on team dynamics, presentation flow, style, roles and responsibilities, and confidence.
- Virtual Case Interview Skills Session: November 25, 2020
- This session will help you to better understand what employers are looking for when presenting you with a case-based interview. You will learn how to best prepare for the interview, how to stand out and the areas to focus on during an interview. You will be given the tools to successfully navigate through this type of interview structure.
Phase 2 will be the opportunity for students to work on a consulting project with a Brock start-up company from Goodman Group – Venture Development. Phase 2 will begin with a workshop and students will be placed into small teams and matched up with a start-up company from Goodman Group – Venture Development that is looking for support from consultants. The student teams will then work on a consulting project for the start-up company in one of the four main areas:
- Business Strategy
- Human Resources
- Marketing & Sales
There will be regular check-point meetings scheduled throughout the Winter semester for the consulting teams to meet with their respective start-up companies. Phase 2 will conclude with the consulting teams presenting their final reports to their respective start-ups at the end of the Winter semester.
Upon successful completion of both Phase 1 and Phase 2, interested students can advance into Phase 3. Phase 3 is an opportunity to become a Consultant with the Goodman Group – Consulting Services. More information about Phase 3 will be provided to students after they have completed Phase 1 and 2.
For more information about the program, please contact:
Goodman Group – Consulting Services, Goodman School of Business
Student Engagement, Goodman School of Business
Applications for the Consulting Pathway Program will open in September 2020. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Applications will open in September 2020. Please contact email@example.com for more information.