Good leadership helps everyone understand what the impact goal is, makes sure they have what they need to do their job, provides encouragement, and monitors progress as the team moves forward.
Resulted from polling over 600 non-profit organizations on their professional development needs, and tailored to fit a leadership development gap in the non-profit sector, Goodman Group’s Non-Profit Leadership Development program provides you with the tools and information you need to successfully lead teams and organizations.
“I personally believe leaders are made not born, the great insights that this program brought encouraged me to manage and influence my team and I have seen my organization take a new direction with all the great skills learned from the program.”
–Janet Madume, Executive Director, Welland Heritage Council and Multicultural Centre
Through several weekly interactive classes, learn from Goodman School of Business professors and industry leaders how to:
- Develop strategic planning and effective change management techniques.
- Use effective techniques to improve your leadership ability.
- Gain key management skills including budgeting and human resources management.
- Revitalize the mission, vision, and goals of your organization and effectively execute proposed goals.
- Use multiple models of effective change management including their implications for a successful change initiative.
All the sessions will be held online on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM on the following dates:
June 16, 17, 24
July 7, 8, 14, 15, 22, 28, 29
Gain leadership insights from award-winning professors and industry experts who consistently receive satisfaction rates exceeding 90%. Please find a sample list of our instructors below:
- Associate Professor, Goodman School of Business (Brock University)
- Executive Vice President, Lake & Associates
- Director, Goodman Group (Brock University)
- Professor of Finance, Goodman School of Business (Brock University)
- Coach, HR Consultant, Caren Burt & Associates
- Human Resources and Industrial Relations Specialist, Instructor at Brock and McMaster Universities
“This seminar encouraged me to do some self-reflection on how I lead in my work environment and what things I need to work on so that I can get the highest performance from the team I manage.”
– Kristina Phillips, Manager of Residential Services, Community Living-Fort Erie
“This program is an essential course for non-profit leaders. Whether you are an emerging leader or a seasoned veteran looking to sharpen your skills, these sessions provide relevant and engaging material that will help you in any stage of your career. I highly recommend the program and consider it a wise investment for ongoing
leadership development for our staff.”
– Karrie Porter, Program Co-Ordinator, Start Me Up Niagara
“Leadership development is a big need in Niagara. The program was attractive to me since it had the credibility of being run by the Goodman School of Business. We had a wonderful group of participants and we generated great ideas and discussion.”
– Lisa Panetta, CEO, Community Addiction Services of Niagara.
Read more on The Brock News