Investing in your professional development is one of the most powerful ways to strengthen your ability to manage your community.
By expanding your skills and knowledge to engage your organization’s colleagues in problem-solving, decision-making, and planning processes, you can improve the social, political, and cultural well being of your community’s civic life.
Developed in collaboration with public sector executives and learning & development experts, Goodman Group’s NextGen Municipal Leadership program aims to help improve your ability to engage, lead, and develop your catchment area.
“The NextGen program is delivered by experienced and progressive municipal leaders and provides the tools and understanding to perform in the evolving public sector. Delivered in a fun and practical environment this program was motivating and energizing.”
– Adam Eckhart, City of Welland Fire Chief
Through interactive classes, learn from Goodman School of Business professors and industry leaders how to:
- Develop an understanding of your strengths, weaknesses, and temperament style.
- Motivate and encourage your team to perform at consistently high levels (i.e., goal setting, shared achievements, milestones)
- Revitalize the mission, vision, and goals of your organization or division and effectively execute proposed goals.
- Develop an understanding of the different types of relationships that are present in a municipal environment and their significance.
- Understand your role within the municipality and learn different methods to prevent conflict and manage the crisis.
- Build awareness of the prohibited grounds of discrimination in the workplace.
- Manage challenges in a long term union environment.
- Use multiple models of effective change management including their implications for a successful change initiative.
- Identify individual leadership priorities and develop action plans with a focus on sustainability.
Gain leadership insights from award-winning professors and industry experts who consistently receive satisfaction rates exceeding 90%. Please find a sample list of our instructors below:
- Associate Professor, Goodman School of Business, Brock University
- Executive Vice President, Lake & Associates
- Former CAO, Town of Caledon
- Career & Personality Dimensions Specialist, Brock University
- CAO, The Township of West Lincoln
- Associate Professor of Accounting, Brock University
The sessions will be held from October to December 2021 from 9:00am to 12:00pm.
October: 14, 19, 21, 26, 28
November: 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25, 30
December: 2, 7, 9, 14 and 16