BECE students can apply to BEd and MEd programs using the same process as all undergraduate students. Follow this this link. It’s often useful to make an appointment with an FOE academic adviser as you begin this process.
We have unique professional development opportunities relevant to you as educators. These events are limited to students in the Faculty of Education and will help you: build unique skills, differentiate your resume, meet new people, track on your Experience Plus transcript (automatically), plus flex your schedule by attending at Hamilton or St. Catharines campus (when offered).
1. February 6 – STEAM workshop by Crayola at the St Catharines campus. Registration here
2. February 11 – BECE Winter Get Together. Registration here
4. SMART Board certification is available online. Initial training is free. Final certification has fees associated. Link here
5. Use volunteer work as Professional Learning: Reading Rocks! Contact Learning Disabilities Association of Halton-Hamilton – Katie Jacobs email@example.com. Training provided to support and motivate vulnerable readers aged 6-12 years who struggle with early literacy skills due to an identified or suspected reading disability in the Hamilton/Halton area. For students looking for experience to augment their application to Faculties of Education, this may be of particular interest.
The information below was shared at the February 11 Winter Mixer for BECE students. This information remains relevant today!
• The FOE Academic Advising staff presented an overview of the BECE program including information about Spring/Summer course registration. Link here to see this presentation.
• Thinking about your career? Career Education staff presented information about Brock resources for BECE students – FREE and ready for you to use! Link back to the Professional Opportunities tile on this website (https://brocku.ca/education/student-resources/undergraduate-and-professional-program-resources/) to learn more about Career Supports.
• Wondering where to find information at Brock? This 2 minute video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hTjr6iglb8&feature=youtu.be can save you hours of time!