The Faculty of Education at Brock University recently (2015) celebrated the 50th anniversary of teacher education in St. Catharines and, in 2021, will celebrated 50 years since the integration of the St Catharines’ Teachers College within Brock University’s academic programs. The anticipation of this significant anniversary creates an occasion for the Faculty of Education, our alumni and our partners to reflect on our past, to celebrate our many accomplishments, and to renew the strategic plan that will guide our work for the next five to ten years.
What does that mean?
The Faculty of Education’s strategic plan will draw on the insights and expertise of faculty (tenure and tenure track, ILTAs and sessional instructors), staff and students to identify our strengths and the challenges that face the Faculty, establish priorities, recommend the allocation of resources to specific priorities, and define what success will look like.
The Planning and Priorities Committee of Faculty Board will ensure that we engage with all of our faculty and staff members on both of our campuses.
We will ensure that we consult with our students through a survey and through regular postings.
Our goal is to bring forward a draft of a five-year strategic plan to Faculty Council for discussion, feedback and approval in late spring, 2018.
Following our internal consultations and approvals, we look forward to communicating with our community on a sustainable course to deliver high quality undergraduate and graduate programs, to engage in innovative and impactful research, and to be strong partners with our many communities of practice.
Draft Strategic Plan
Information and resources
- Draft memo to FOELC: October 10, 2017
- FOELC approval: October 23, 2017
- Memo to Planning & Priorities Committee (PPC): October 23, 2017
- Meeting of PPC: November 27 2017 – December 4, 2017
- Presentation to Faculty Forum: December 13, 2017
- Consultations with chairs, directors, faculty members and students: December 13, 2017, to April 1, 2018
- Draft to Faculty Board & Retreat: March 30, 2018
- Draft 2: April 30, 2018
- Faculty Board Approval: May 2018
- Submission to Provost: June 15 2018
Faculty of Education
- FOE Strategic Action Plan 2013: https://brocku.ca/education/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/FOE-Strategic-Action-Plan.pdf
- Senate meeting of September 20 2017
- Traves’ Strategic Plan (May 2017)
- SMA 2 (Provost’s website under “Main”: https://brocku.ca/vp-academic/)
External (Sample Strategic Plans)