Brock Lifespan Institute – Youth Engagement Committee
Thank you for your interest in the Brock Lifespan Institute Youth Engagement Committee, or as we call it, the B-YEC. Please note B-YEC applications for 2022 membership are now closed.
If you have any questions about our youth engagement committee, please feel free to contact Taylor Lloyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the B-YEC?
Brock University’s Lifespan Institute (https://brocku.ca/lifespan) has a Youth Engagement Committee (B-YEC) that helps to inform youth-focused research. The B-YEC is made up of Niagara Region youth ages 14 to 24 and assists the Lifespan Institute team by offering a fresh perspective while discussing youth well-being, current research projects, and research ideas. B-YEC members have the exciting opportunity to be a part of developing research, network with Brock faculty, and gain valuable volunteer and professional leadership experience for their resumes. We are currently looking to add new members to the B-YEC.
The Committee usually meets a few times a year from 5:30 to 7 p.m. on a weeknight (meetings will be virtual for the time being). We will also communicate via email throughout the year to check-in, ask questions, and talk about next steps.
Who can apply for the B-YEC?
The B-YEC is looking for members who:
- Are between the ages of 14 and 24
- Live in the Niagara Region
- Are passionate about youth well-being
- Demonstrate curiosity, creativity, and communication skills
- Are willing to commit time to the B-YEC, including in-person or online meetings a minimum of 3-5 times a year and email communications
- Are willing to serve a 1-year term on the B-YEC
- Have submitted a completed B-YEC application package by November 15, 2021
Please note- no previous experience is required.