Welcome to the Lifespan Institute Speaker Series – a regular series of presentations designed to connect and engage with the community around research that is going on at Brock University. See below for a listing of our upcoming and previous events.
*Please note – Dates, exact topics and presentation titles of events where registration has not started are subject to change.
Upcoming Speaker Series Events (RSVP is required and registration forms are available via the links below)
- November 24, 2021 – Children’s Social, Emotional and Cognitive Development – What’s happening and why?
Past Speaker Series Events (recordings of each event are available via the links below)
- Acceptance and Commitment Training for Caregivers: Applications in research and real life – October 19, 2021
- The Health Behaviour in School-aged Children Study – An overview of child and adolescent health in Canada – September 21, 2021
- “I Believe in ME, Not OCB!”: A Manualized Approach To Treat Obsessive Compulsive Behavior in Children and Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder – June 15, 2021
- The Effectiveness of Virtual Parent Training for Young Children At-Risk for Autism Spectrum Disorder – June 3, 2021
- Maternal Postpartum Depression and Infant Brain Development – The impact of early treatment – May 18, 2021
- Why Faces Matter: Recognizing People & Forming First Impressions across the Lifespan – April 29, 2021
- Brain Health: Addressing Worries About Aging and Decline – April 21, 2021 (co-sponsored with Brock University’s Department of Applied Disability Studies)
- Recording available online at: GMT20210421-223428_Recording_1920x1080.mp4
- The Experiences of Youth Dancers and Their Families – April 8, 2021
- Assessment and Treatment of Problem Behaviour in Children and Youth – March 25, 2021
- Perfectionism and Youth Well-Being – March 11, 2021
- Exercise & Older Adults – Staying healthy as we age – February 25, 2021
- Learning more, not less – Memory as we age – January 28, 2021
- What is Prospective Memory? – November 24, 2020
- COVID-19 and the Community – October 27, 2020