The software purchasing, distribution, and licensing service provides software and site licenses for Brock University Faculty, Staff and Labs. ITS is responsible for securing the products and maintaining agreements over the functional life of each product.
By centralizing the procurement of software through ITS, the University is able to secure lower prices, provide broader product availability, and ensure Service Level Agreements are managed for the University. Please refer to the Request tab for more information on available software and site licenses.
- Allows for the most economical purchase of software and provides a procedure for purchasing needed software and hardware.
- Monitors software agreements and maintenance windows, ensuring all software is active and fully supported.
- Monitors the use of existing software to determine if its use still justifies its cost.
- Negotiates software licenses.
- Selects the optimal combination of individual, server and lab copies to meet needs.
- Works with the Campus Store to deliver and support software distribution.