NEW! Student Justice Advocate Team Member applications for the 2021/2022 semester are now open!
Brock Human Rights and Equity and the Student Justice Centre is looking for undergraduate from all university departments who are passionate about working within the fields of human rights, equity, and advocacy. Please see the PDF link below for job description details. To apply for the position, please send a cover letter and resume to Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 26th, 2021 at 11:59pm.
All About the SJC:
The Student Justice Centre is your campus hub for social and political education, support, and activism! The SJC provides support to students impacted by and not limited to: racism, colonialism, transphobia, homophobia, ableism, xenophobia, ethno- religious fascism, classism, sexism, and ageism. We advocate for social justice through educative initiatives, activism support, and programming, like workshops, events, film screenings, campaigns, etc. We provide students with many free educational opportunities, access to free resources (like condoms and menstrual products), as well as student placements and opportunities for paid workshop facilitation. We also partner with student groups doing justice work to provide logistical, organizing, and financial support. The Student Justice Centre typically provides a safe space on campus where students can drop in at any time to hang out, study, connect with like-minded folks, and discuss social issues that matter most to you. Although our physical space in TH 252A is currently not open due to COVID-19, we continue to offer educational and engagement opportunities for Brock students in a digital format.
What do we do?
- Provide a safe space on campus (and virtually) where students can exist free of discrimination
- Provide a campus hub where students can develop activism and advocacy skills
- Provide free educational opportunities for students
- Provide resources, like free food, menstrual products, and chest binders/ breast forms
- Provide paid opportunities for students
- Provide placement/ internship & volunteer opportunities for students
- Advocate for and uplift marginalized students
- Build community among marginalized groups on campus
- Make Brock a safer and more inclusive environment
Check out our Instagram and Facebook pages!