Accessibility and inclusion are important aspects of Brock University. The University uses an inclusive lens while it creates and redevelops environments which is for all people to learn, work, lead and enjoy.
This responsibility is the shared by the entire University community and is co-ordinated by the AODA Coordinator.
On this website you can find useful information and resources on accessibility for students, faculty, staff and campus visitors. You will also be able to view and download Brock policies, documents and relevant practices required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and its regulations; the Integrated Accessibility Standards, O. Reg. 191/11.
Accessibility Policy Structure
Brock University’s Accessible policy structure for the University.
- 2017-2018 Brock University Annual Human Rights and Equity (Accessibility) Status Report
- Brock University Multi-year Accessibility Plan (updated)
- Accessibility Policy (passed by the Board of Trustees, March 2018)
- Employment Accommodation Policy
- Employment Equity Policy (passed by the Board of Trustees, March 2018)
- Academic Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- Brock University Facility Accessibility Design Standards – 2nd Edition 2014
- Procurement Policy
Safety at Brock
Below is information that is important to ensuring safety at Brock.
- Persons Requiring Assistance to Evacuate
- Persons Requiring Assistance Fire Safety Manual
- Areas of Refuge
- Download Brock Safety App
- Campus Safety
Accessible formats of all documents required under the AODA are available upon request.
Brock University Accessibility Advisory Committee (BUAAC)
The Brock University Accessibility Advisory Committee (BUAAC) — formerly the Brock Barrier Free Working Group — is the advisory committee to the University with respect to the formation of an inclusive environment based on viewing disability as Human Rights issue.
For more information about the committee, or how to become a possible member please contact Christopher Lytle at email@example.com.