If you see a spill or an area that requires immediate attention please contact us at x3508, together we can help keep Brock safe and clean.
- Day shift — 6am to 2:30pm and 7am to 3:30pm
- Afternoon shift — 3pm – 11:30pm
- Evening shift — 11pm to 7:30am
Custodial Services is also responsible for providing property management services to many stakeholders, such services include:
- Leased property and building maintenance – landscape, snow removal, security, life safety and general cleaning
- Develop emergency protocols for acquired properties
- Developing Occupancy Agreements for Brock owned spaces
The following services are available and may be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with two weeks’ notice
- Additional carpet cleaning
- Upholstered furniture cleaning
- Special event cleaning
- Additional floor refinishing
- Moving loose furniture and equipment
- Event Set-ups
Custodial Services is responsible for the collection of recycled material on campus from all public spaces with the exception of individual offices (occupants are asked to bring their recycled paper to a common collection point in the corridor). There are many streams of recycling on Campus; Custodial Services is responsible for the following:
Cardboard — the University has its own cardboard baler, cardboard boxes should be flattened and placed in recycling bins located outdoors at main waste transfer stations. Please don’t leave boxes in the halls, however if you are in an office area, you may leave your flattened box beside or on top of the recycling container on your floor. For more information download the Cardboard Recycling Initiative.
Fine paper and newsprint — blue bins are located in offices, classrooms, photocopy rooms and in public corridors. If you are recycling large volumes of paper, you may request a bin on wheels by calling ahead at x4450.
Co-Mingled (plastic, cans, glass and cartons) — blue bins are available in public corridors, lunchrooms and dining halls.
Organic — food waste can be discarded into small green organic bins located in all kitchenette/lunchroom on Campus. Dining halls also have special containers or procedures to accommodate organic waste.
For more information on recycling, visit the Sustainability at Brock website.
Waste is collected daily by Custodial staff in high traffic locations, in low occupancy offices it is collected weekly. The waste is then transported to compactors or waste bins located at the exterior of various buildings on campus. A service provider then tips the waste bins on a set frequency. For more information download the waste compactors flyer.
Community and Auxiliary Services with the assistance of Custodial Services provides furniture redeployment and disposal services. Complete this online Asset Redeployment/Disposal Form and send it to the attention of Central Receiving and Mail Services.
Please do not leave furniture in corridors, the furniture may impede safe access of occupants as well as being a Fire Code violation. Any questions contact x4450.
- Schmon Tower Review of Custodial Services
- Certified Green Housekeeping Site – Gold Status
- Solid Non-Hazardous Waste Audit
- Waste Reduction Work Plan
- Green Cleaning and Sustainability Article
- Cardboard Recycling Initiative
- Waste Initiative
- Planning for a Zero Waste Conference/Event
- Cleaning Frequencies
- Green Cleaning Solutions