Sometimes, simple things can have a measurable impact when everyone pitches in.
- Minimize the use of portable electric heaters.
- Keep windows and doors closed in the heating or air conditioning seasons. If you notice a door or window which will not properly close, call our Customer Service Coordinator at x3717 – day or night.
- Turn off office computers, printers, monitors, copy machines when you go home. A single desktop laser printer, if turned off at night and weekends, would save approximately up to $71 per year.
- Turn off office, lab and classroom lights when not in use.
- Make sure that water isn’t left running when not needed; call in those running toilets to our Customer Service Coordinator at x3717 – day or night.
Annual Cost to Operate Typical Office Equipment
|Equipment||Annual at 40hrs / week||365 Days a year|
|Personal coffee maker||$9.81||$41.40|
|Commercial coffee maker||$51.20||$216.02|
|Personal space heater||$464.01||$1,957.86|
|20 cu. ft. fridge||N/A (always on)||$320.35|
|"1" Lab fume hood||$519||$2,190|
(Based on $0.149 Kw/hr, average age office equipment)