Facilities Management is responsible for all activities related to the maintenance, operations and development to the campus facilities and grounds.
- Management of Campus Utilities — heat, air conditioning, electricity, water, etc.
- Facility Maintenance — routine repairs, roofs, walls, plumbing, electrical, key requests, doors/locks, etc.
- Custodial Operations — general cleaning, set-ups for special events on campus, moving & deliveries, recycling, non hazardous waste, etc.
- Code and By-law Compliance — building and fire codes, etc.
- Grounds Maintenance — grassed and planted areas, trees, roads and parking lots, snow removal, etc.
- Construction and Renovations — campus planning, major and minor capital projects.
The University, similar to any individual or company, is required by law to comply with numerous codes and regulations, and is both financially and legally liable for failure to do so. For this reason it is required that any work being carried out which falls under the jurisdiction of all building and fire codes and regulations be carried out under the authority, direction and supervision of the Associate Vice-President , Facilities Management.
While the overall responsibility for provision of these services may rest with the Facilities Management Department, the financial responsibility (i.e. source of funds) may not. It is a Facilities Management responsibility to determine the source of funds before any work commences and to provide the necessary estimates for funding allocation.
and Ground Services
905 688 5550 x3717
905 688 5550 x3508