COVID-19 Non-Academic Bookings Update
It is important to note that the capacity and usage guidelines for rooms on campus are different for meetings and events than they are for scheduled academic instruction.
Requests for room bookings that are not for academic instructional use will need to follow the criteria outlined below:
- Maximum capacity of any space on campus will be 25 or less (with physical distancing of 2m or more between persons maintained).
- Rooms will be subject to Covid19 spacing requirements which will significantly reduce their pre-Covid19 capacities.
- Expect delays in response, as requests for room bookings will be approved (centrally managed) by the Scheduling Office (at least) until we emerge from Stage 3 of the Covid19 restrictions.
- Requests for bookings should be accompanied by approval from the SAC member attached to the requesting unit. The RUAR process that was in place prior to the resumption of large scale on campus activity will no longer be required.
We encourage all those booking who may have questions about Covid19 safety protocols or distancing requirements to reach out to the Covid19 Coordinator, Brock Health and Safety, and Custodial Services for support, consultation and review.
Please note that bookings may need to be revised or cancelled pending Public Health requirements, and should continue to follow Brock Covid19 protocols. We thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we all continue to navigate the resumption of on-campus activities.
All bookings must be made at least 5 days in advance by using the online form. Please allow up to 3 business days for the booking to be processed. Once a room has been assigned to a request, a confirmation will be sent to the person making the request via email.
During the fall/winter term (September-April), shorter bookings are more likely to find space than longer ones.
We try our best to match you up with the rooms you request. If you did not receive a room in your preferred location, it is because there was no space available in that location.
Academics take priority. Although it is unlikely, your booking may be moved or cancelled if scheduling needs to move a class.
We will not place you in a room that does not accommodate all your needs (AV, capacity, setup).
All external organizations can fill out the day meeting request form.
If you require audio visual equipment or support for your event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or x3588.
Brock Dining Services has exclusivity to catering on Brock’s campus. No outside food can be brought in. Please order food 10 business days in advance for hot orders and 3 business days for cold orders by contacting email@example.com or x 4516.
If you require a room setup, the information for setup must be received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 7 business days prior to the scheduled event.
If you require a table, please submit a request using the online table booking system (brocku.ca/table-booking).
The Pond Inlet is a room in high demand by all parties of the University. Please be respectful when booking this space to only book it for the time that is needed to allow others the opportunity to use it for their event as well.
Please be courteous to others in the University. If your event cancels, please notify room bookings immediately so the space can be re-allocated to someone else.
Signage may be posted to help direct people to your booking as long as it is put up with the proper fastener. Magic Mounts are used in the Residence rooms and are approved to be used to put up signage. Using other products can result in leaving marks on the wall and even removing the paint itself.
BUSU ratified clubs are required to submit their requests using the ExperienceBU clubs portal. Please do not contact room bookings directly.Other student clubs are required to have the faculty or staff from their associated department request the space on their behalf. Student events require risk management approval.
- Classrooms for classes and exams — email@example.com
- Computer Labs — https://brocku.ca/information-technology/lab-booking/
- Sankey Chamber — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learning Commons — email@example.com
- Gyms — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rodman Hall — email@example.com
- Rooms at the Marilyn I. Walker School — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kenmore Centre — email@example.com
- Cairns 207 — firstname.lastname@example.org
- PL600 Level Rooms — email@example.com
- Cairns Atrium — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Market Hall — Market Hall request
- RFP200 Level Rooms — email@example.com
- RFP300 Level Rooms — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rooms at the Hamilton Campus for meeting purposes — x3610
- Rooms at the Hamilton Campus for external groups/events — x4863
Brock University protects your privacy and your personal information. The personal information requested on this form is collected under the authority of The Brock University Act, 1964, and in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) for the administration of the University and its programs and services. The information will be used to process your submission and to provide Brock University staff with contact information should we need to get in touch with you regarding your submission.